Chapter 34

Ezra's POV

I walk up the stone pathway and open the door to my house.

I look across the room and see... again.
Luca and Lily sound asleep on the couch.

I sigh and walk over to them.
Why? Just why?

I don't know how she could forgive him so early. Maybe because she's still technically a kid, I just don't know.

I tap Lily lightly.

She wakes up. She looks over at Luca. "We fell asleep again." She mumbles. "At least you're not dead." She gives me the thumbs up.

"How was the date." She asks. I force a smile. "I'll tell you later, go to bed now."

The date... horrible.
He was late, red flag.
He drank like ten beers, red flag.
Didn't hold the door open for me, red flag.
His names Armando, red flag.

She gets up off the couch and walks up the stairs.

I turn my attention to Luca, who's still completely passed out. Mouth open, literally dead. I think he is dead honestly.

Kinda cute...
Uh no. Ha no.
Gross.

I violently tap him to wake him up.

He jumps up. "Ok what's the reason this time... I'm not covered in blood." I roll my eyes. "You were poking me violently." He rubs his hand on his chest where I was poking. He really is dramatic.

"Why were you up with Lily this time?" I ask. "Did Iris send you." I cross my arms. "No, she didn't." He responds. "Oh." I nod.

"So you sent yourself." I tilt my head. "Also no, Lily sent herself." Oh that's greats... beautiful even.

"Ya, no more." I shake my head. "What?" He questions. "Don't talk to her anymore." I continue.

He doesn't respond he just stares at me blankly. "The last time I said this, you didn't listen. So this time you will." I step forward. "No more talking to her."

"If she talks to me-" I cut him off. "Ignore her... simple really." I nod. "I can't ignore her, I'm not doing-" I cut him off again. "You can and you will. I don't care."

"I don't know why your fighting me on this." I say. "You are not." I pause. "Getting close with her again and than leaving... the first time was hard on her." I say.

"I promise-" I cut him off for the third time. "Fuck your promises." I glare at him. "You promised Lily you'd stay in contact, but you didn't. Luca, you broke a promise with a six year old. You also told her you'd be her father, than went and started another family."

Even thought he actually didn't start another family because he ended up getting cheated.

"Do you think you deserve to be her father?" I question. "No I don't." He answers. "Good, than we're on the same page." I nod.

"And if I'm being honest." I look up at him. "You don't deserve anything." I turn around and walk up the stairs.

    —-Next day—-
    Late afternoon

I walk up the stairs to Lily's room.

I open her doors. "Ready to-" I pause when I see her looking out the window. "What's wrong?" I ask.

She looks up at me before answering. She turns her attention back to the window.

"Nothing, just tired." She shrugs. "Well if your tired there's a bed right there." I point to her bed. "I want to go to the cottage." She turns to face me. "I miss grandpa, can we please."