Chapter 39

Luca's POV

"This is so exciting." Lily claps.

"I missed it there." She sighs. "You were there a few months ago." Ezra responds as Lily puts her hands on her hips. "A few month too long." She points at Ezra.

"You'll get to see, my pony, the horses and the goats." She nods. "Oh and the chickens... can't forget those." She smiles.

We're going to their farm house, incase your wondering. Ezra asked me if I wanted to go to their cottage for a few days. I obviously said yes.

"Do you guys just have a whole ass farm." I look at Ezra. "Basically... oh and we also have fish." She shrugs. "Oh ya... can't forget about them fish." Lily sighs.

"You guys are still here?" Iris question as she walks into the living room with Killian behind her. "Ya... leave." He shoos us. "This is my house, don't shoo me." Ezra says.

"Do you pay for the house?" Killian asks with a smirk on his face. "She actually does." Iris points out. "Well than... never mind." He shrugs. "Ha." Ezra smiles.

After we say goodbye we leave.

About an our or so later, we arrive at their farm house.

"I'll get dinner ready, you two can go outback to see the animals." Ezra says heading to the kitchen.

"Come fourth." Lily says walking to the back door. I follow her out. "This is the farm, o o o this is my horse. Her name is Hersey." She smiles.

"Ooooo goats." She continues. "Here are the chickens and right next to them are the goats." She points.

"Do the goats have names?" I ask. "Uh goat one two and three." She smiles. "Hmm." I look at the three goats. "And which is which." I ask looking back at her. "I do not know." She she stares at them. "Probably should figure that out."

"What's over here?" I ask walking over to it. "Our flower garden, well Iris's flower garden." She answers.

I go all the way to the end of the path, I see a grave. 

In memory of Rocco Ferrari
A loving father and grandfather
Age 49 Years

"He had cancer." She sighs. "My mom and Iris avoid that topic at all cost." She continues. "I heard he got better." I say. "He did, but the cancer came back worse."

"My mom wants people to think he's still alive, people thinking he's alive will protect Sofia and I." She pauses. "I think she's doing it for herself though, so she can pretend he's here and didn't actually leave."

"Is this where you guys have been mostly or have you been at the other house?" I ask. "Sorta, this is more of a get away. We come here to clear our minds." She answers. "We live more in Paris than the farm side."

"Dinner." Ezra yells.

"Already? It's been like five minutes." I say. "She probably heated up frozen pizzas." She shrugs.

We walk back inside and sit down at the table.

"How did you like the barn?" Ezra asks placing pizza on the table. "It's was nice." I answer. "Just wait until you go horseback riding through the trails." She exclaims. "Horse girl." Lily points at her.

We all grab a slice of pizza and eat.

Surprisingly it's not awkward at all, it's comforting. We're talking and laughing.

After a while we all clean up.

"Here's the guest room." Ezra says opening the door. "Everything's small, well because it's a cottage." She rambles on.