[21] hurt & hurting.

A/N - HI GUYS! I MADE A WATTPAD INSTAGRAM! PLEASE FOLLOW IT!

USERNAME - rerewatty

PLEASE VOTE! ❤️

Amal

I felt myself flinch out of sleep at the sound of someone banging on the door. I tried to open my eyes but it was so hard since I was exhausted and only slept for only an hour or so since my thoughts took over me.

I succeed with lifting myself and sitting up on the bed that felt like stone, maybe another reason why I couldn't sleep. I look towards the door as the banging kept going, Allah, who the hell is banging on the door this early? I haven't told anyone that I'm staying in a motel but Drew, but what would he be doing here?

I wrapped a scarf around my head before I opened the door. My eyes met Reem before she instantly wrapped her arms around me. ''Amal!'' She exclaimed. ''Reem?'' I said confused. What is she doing here? How did she even know I'm staying here?

"Reem, what are you doing here?" I wondered with my hoarse morning voice. She pulls away and looks at me, "I should be the one asking you that! Amal, why are you living in a nasty place like this?!"

I raise my brows and step back, is she serious? Doesn't she freaking know already? "If you're here to make fun of me please leave," I said walking into the room. She follows me and shuts the door.

"Amal, please forgive me. Forgive me for being a bitch, I don't know what happened to me. Please, I know I did you wrong. I should've never brought your dad up, I never knew-" She cut herself off. She shakes her head to herself and held my hands.

"I'll make it up to you, just forgive me." I chew on my lips and look down at our hands. I exhaled before I nod, "I forgive you." I had to forgive her. She's done a lot for me and been there for me. Her new friends changed her, which can happen to anybody. We're humans, we deserve chances to improve ourselves.

She jumps on me and hugs me again, ''I missed my best friend! I missed my babe!'' Seh tightened our hug. The corner of my lip lifts before she pulls away again, ''Let's leave this place. Live with me from now on.''

''It's fine Reem. It's not necessary, I'm leaving in a week.''

She wrinkled her forehead, ''What do you mean by leaving? Where are you leaving?''

I shrug my shoulders, ''Back to my hometown. There is nothing left here for me.'' I tell her and she widens her eyes. ''No. No. No! You're not! Amal, you can't do that! You have me, your friend Drew and you have a job! We can find another job for you if you don't like your job.'' She rambled. I blink before Fabio pops up in my mind.

It's not enough, what I may have here is not enough. I want Fabio, my heart wants Fabio. I need Fabio. Ya Allah, why do I still want him after what happened? After he accused me of using him.

''Reem, I can't rely on people anymore. I need to take care of myself.''

''What? You can't be serious. You have me, I can take car-''

''Everyone said that to me before leaving me like this! I'm tired of hearing everyone's lies! I fucking am! Just stop!'' I burst unknowingly. I tried to catch my breathe as Reem kept staring at me with nothing to say. ''I- I'm so sorry Amal. I'm such a bad-''

''Reem, stop apologizing. It's my fault. I trusted people too much not knowing I was hurting myself doing that.''

She leans in and kisses my cheek, ''Stay at my place before you leave, I'm not letting you stay here in this motel.'' She looks around with disgust on her face. ''But what about Zayed?'' She looks down for a few seconds before she puts a fake smile on her face. ''I broke up with him.''