Viable Heir

"What are you're plans for the day baobei?" Chen Yu asks, wrapping his arms around Gu Wei's waist and resting his chin on his shoulder. He raises his brows questioningly at their reflections in the bathroom mirror.

"Mm." Gu Wei chuckles and finishes brushing his teeth. He rinses his mouth and grins at their reflections, leaning back into his husband's arms. "I have an appointment with the hospital therapist. I should be released to return to work soon." He turns his head and kisses Chen Yu's cheek. "What about you?"

"Heading into the station. I want a run at that creep who held Mrs. Mu hostage. Ge and I are going to see what we can find out about Uncle Benny too." He sighs, kissing the side of Gu Wei's neck. "Plus, Captain Deng wants to see us and Detective Xi wants a chat. I don't know how long I'll be today." He pouts into the mirror.

"It's alright Yu'er. I think I'll give jiejie a call after my appointment." They reluctantly part and exit the bathroom, each only dressed in their underwear. "There's a boutique I want to show her, I want to get ideas on the type of nursery that she wants for Daiyu."

"Oh! That reminds me. I promised ge a favor tomorrow!" Chen Yu nearly slaps his own forehead at having forgotten. "Could you keep jiejie busy tomorrow for about four hours?" He asks cringing.

"I'm sure I can manage something. I can always take her to lunch today and the boutique tomorrow. Why?" Gu Wei asks suspiciously, sliding a pair of beige slacks over his hips.

"I remembered a rocking chair she had in her room growing up. It was her grandmother's." Chen Yu pulls on a pair of snug jeans and grins, watching Gu Wei bite his lip. "I told ge he should have it redone for the nursery, as a surprise for jiejie. So, we're meeting her father halfway with the truck tomorrow." He pauses pulling a black turtleneck over his head. "Actually, this works perfectly. You can find out the color or whatever she wants and ge and I will have the rocker refinished to match."

"Mmm, you're a very thoughtful didi." Gu Wei says, hugging him from behind. "That's a very sweet idea."

"Ugh, I just happen to know a lot about her. I'm sure he would have thought of it too, if he knew about the rocker." Chen Yu blushes, turning in Gu Wei's arms and buttoning the last three buttons of his shirt.

"Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this look." Gu Wei says, stepping back to admire his husband's figure. He laughs at the confusion on Chen Yu's face. "You see, part of me hates that that beautiful neck is covered. Yet, I'm glad no one can ogle it and you look very sexy in that fitted turtleneck." His tongue slides out and glides across his upper lip.

"Mm? So you like this look?" Chen Yu teases, pulling him close. "It also hides the bite marks someone left on me." He smirks, watching Gu Wei blush and eye the spot where he knows there's a definite bite mark.

"Let's get going Yu'er, or I won't have time to have breakfast with you." Gu Wei grins and pushes past him, tucking in his shirt.

                                   *   *   *

   Chen Yu enters an interrogation room and raises his brows at the look of shock on the perps face. It's the man who had opened the door of the Mu house and he looks quite surprised to see Chen Yu calmly take a seat across from him.

"What do you want? I'm not talking." The man says, grinding his teeth and trying to avoid eye contact.

"Mm, that's fine, you can still listen." Chen Yu says, steel in his tone. "Just blink if I'm close here." He smirks, leaning back comfortably in his chair. "Obviously, you're Triad." The man swallows hard and looks away. "I'll take that as a confirmation. You're not one of Uncle Feng's men, you were sent by the same person who sent the shooter." The man's eyes bulge wide and he inhales audibly. "Do you know why he wants Uncle Feng out of the way so desperately?"