Gay- Pt2

Wanda's POV:

She sat behind the steering wheel, rhythmically tapping her fingers to the radio playing Amy Winehouse's Valerie.

Her eyes were on the road but I couldn't take mine off of her. She's so stunning.

A few minutes before we reached the store, I said "I'm paying for everything here, no discussion" and received a nod in response.

When we got there she couldn't take her eyes off the place, it was two separate buildings with the wall inbetween them broken down. The coffee shop had a nice retro feeling to it and the outside was white, book store had more a rustic feeling.

As we entered the bells above the door jingled and she got even more excited.

"Okay so! You got to the book store and get whatever you like, but you have to get me that Dan Brown book I wanted into the pile and I'll wait here cause I know how intense you get when looking for books you like. Heres my card, don't hold back." I said, speeding through every word and passing her my debit card.

"You got it"she said as she walked off. "Wait!" I called after her, "Do you want something from the coffee shop?" I asked

"Umm, a hot chocolate with no cream and 3 su-" "sugar spoons, got it. Now go have fun"

The redhead skipped away and went to go find her favourite books. I'm really interested to see what she comes back with.

I got into line and couldn't help but smile, I feel so lucky to get to see this side of her. Everyone outside of the Avenger's says she's a cold blooded killer, has no hesitation when it comes to pulling the trigger, shows no mercy.

And that is what she is...on missions

In actual fact she's been the most supportive and sweet out of everyone else. She makes me tea in the mornings when I haven't gotten out of bed past 9am and she puts up with all of my random rants about Sokovia or my family.

Natasha is sexualized and degraded by the public, she's the 'hot Avenger' she's one of the few who 'doesn't deserve to be apart of the team' it's fucked up.

If anything she's the sweetest one, she deserves more than any of us. She deserves the life and love that was taken away from her and I'm hoping I can give that to her.

When I got to the counter I ordered our drinks and went to sit down where the book store and coffee shop so she'd see me immediately after finding everything.

About 30 minutes later, I saw her walk to the counter, 8 books in hand. The smile plastered on my face as I watched her gracefully move towards me.

"So didn't hold back but this store is surprisingly cheap. Got like 8 books with a 150 dollars. Also they didn't have Angels and Demons so I got you Divergent!" She said with excitement.

"It's okay Nat, what'd you get yourself?"

She squealed and sat down across from me, taking a sip of her surprisingly warm drink before unpacking the bag she had.

"I don't go into detail buuut I got The Outsiders, Chosen to Die, Serial Killers, Killer Women, Shooting The Moon, Unmaking Of The Torturer, The Sawman and Divergent for you cause you've wanted to read the book ever since we saw the movie." She happily said.

"Quite a violent taste you have there Tasha" I joked, only to receive a playful glare in return.

Once we finished our time at the coffee shop, we got in the car and took a minute to relax.
"So where would the queen like to go now?" she said "Home please".

The drive wasn't too long, around 45 minutes. 45 minutes filled with us singing along to songs on the radio and sharing stories about our pasts even though they weren't the best ones.

As we entered the gates of the compound my heart beat went up ×5. Everything we've done today will lead up to this.

She pulled up into the garage and we got out, "Thank you fo-" "No" I cut her off. "No? What?" " We have one more place to go, take the books inside and meet me on the open field on the side of the compound!" I told the woman as I walked away.

5 minutes later I spotted her small figure walking towards me and she met me in the middle "I'm confused Wands, what is it?" She asked.

"Follow me"

With that I took her hand in mine and pulled her along the rocky path into the trees. "You're not going to murder me here are you?" she asked, I think it wad supposed to come off as a joke but she does sound really nervous.

I didn't answer her, but after a few minutes of walking we reached the picnic spot, it was late afternoon so the sun hadn't set yet but once it does everything will look amazing.

"Oh wow, for us?" I nodded, she seemed mesmerized at the view.

I pulled her over to the blanket to start the picnic and that's how we spent the last hour before sunset.

The sun was finally setting. Pink, orange and yellow hues lit up the sky, making the lake look those colours as well. "This is gorgeous, is this why you brought me here?" She asked as her face gave off a golden colour at the light.

"It's part of the reason.." I said

"Well then, what's the other reason?" she asked, now looking at me.

Shit, it's time.  Do I tell her? Do I back out?

"Well umm, for a few months now I might have developed a crush on you and I totally get if you aren't up for it, we are best friends after all and I wouldn't want this to ruin our friendship. I brought you here to tell you this and to ask you if you wanted go be my girlfriend, cause I see no greater honor then being able to call myself your girlfriend, I get if you don't wanna. This was stupid, I'm sorry." I rambled, the nerves have taken over

She just sat there and watched me, after a few minutes the starts were out and she now had a smile on her face.

"Wanda...I like you too. But damnit I was hoping to ask you out first. And to answer your question: Yes, I would love nothing more than to be called your girlfriend" she said cupping my cheeks.

Thank God.

"Well then girlfriend, what do you wanna do now?" I asked with a smile.

"This"

She used her hands that were on my face to pull mine closer to hers, connection our lips in a passionate kiss, filled with nothing but love for each other. It lasted until the air in our lungs was no more.

"Wait, what about Bruce?" I asked her, I'm unsure about them. "It was never going to work out, but come here and cuddle with me under the stars now" and so I did.

We stayed there for another hour just enjoying each others company taking each other in, until she broke the silence.

"Wanda?"

"Yes?

"Can I say something without judgement?"

"Always"

"The date you planned today was so gay!" She giggled, my favourite sound.

"That was the point Natasha!" I laughed

"But I can't wait for the rest" she said.

I could stay here forever.

------
1262 words
25/01/22