I Don't Date

AU: University Students

Wanda's POV:

"I just don't get it." Pietro whispers to me as we pretend to listen to our English Literature professor, Mr. Rogers. "There isn't much to get." I reply, rolling my eyes at him.

Mr. Rogers walks past our desk and looks down at me with a smirk and winks at me before proceeding to walk through the other desks.

"See! Even the professor thinks you're hot Wanda." my brother pushes. "Well, then he's a perv who has a crush on his student." I say, blocking his complaining out and turning my head to the front of the class. I look around the front row and catch the eyes of my favourite person. She smiles at me and I shyly wave back at her before turning to my brother again.

"Promise me you'll say yes to at least one of the guys this week? They practically throw themselves at you." he whines. I roll my eyes again and nod.

"Alright everyone!" Mr. Rogers claps his hands,"Have a great weekend, my wife and I sure will!" he jokes, earning hysterical laughs and groans from the class.

Slowly, we all file out of the small classroom entrance.

"I have soccer practice, if you don't have a date by the end of this week, I'm bleaching your favourite blouse." he laughs and kisses my forehead. I show him the middle finger with a smile on my face, and he laughs even harder before jogging his way to the field.

As I'm walking towards the exit of the building, I feel someone's presence next to me. I look to my side and see a tall man smiling down at me.
"Can I help you sir?" I ask him, he grins and nods. "Hello, I'm Vision. I saw you in English Lit and I had to try asking you out before I missed you." he says softly with a British accent.

I shake my head and say,"I'm not interested, sorry.". He nods and thanks me for my time, then walks away.

I leave the building and run down to the side of the road hoping to catch a cab.

I eventually do get one and ride home in it. On the ride home,  we stopped at a red light and the car stopped. I looked out of the window and saw the same red-headed girl from English Lit walking with two other girls.

I try grabbing her attention by vigorously waving my hands and tapping the window with my finger, but as she looks my way the robots turn green and the taxi driver drives away.

I get home to my apartment and fall down on the couch, being exhausted from the day and fall asleep.

___

I wake up and check the time.

I sit up and rub at my eyes before trying to find my phone in my bag. I find it and press the small power button. The screen lights up, I look at my wallpaper first, it's a picture of Pietro and me as teens. I divert my attention to the time and read 9am.

Luckily, I have Thursday and Friday off from classes, so I won't be late to anything.

I let out a yawn and went to my room to grab a suitable outfit, then I take a shower and brush my teeth afterwards. I decide to go get some breakfast at a local café. It's only 5 minutes from my apartment, so I won't have to wait long.

I leave my apartment, locking the door behind me, and begin my walk to the little café. On my way I pass a lovely couple. They're both women, holding hands and giggle as they danced around on the pavement. The only reason I know they are in a relationship because they both have matching heart tattoos and when they think nobody is watching them, steal kisses.

What they have is what I want. It's not necessarily the dancing around and stealing kisses, but an open relationship with another woman. I've had a girlfriend before, but we kept it secret because of her religious family. They found out about her and sent her away so we had to end things.