Stupid Orange Rock

No One's POV:

The couple hiked up the mountain with Clint trailing behind them in hopes of finding the soul stone. They needed it to reset what Thanos had done.

Once they reached the top, they saw a floating figure near the ledge. Nat and Clint readied their weapons, while Wanda readied her powers.

"Who are you?" Clint asked the figure, it turned around, revealing a man with a completely red face. "Is that the Red Skull guy that Steve told us about?" Wanda asked her fiancé quietly.
Nat nodded and switched the safety of her gun off.

"I have been expecting you three." he said.

They scanned the area, looking around for anyone else.

They all looked at each other worried before Clint spoke up,"We're here for the-"

"Soul Stone, yes." the man interrupted.

Sensing it was safe, they put their defenses down and walked towards him. "What you seek lies down there." he gestured towards the cliff.
"Can I fly down and get the stone?" Wanda spoke up.

He shook his head,"It's an everlasting deal. Someone you love for the stone. A soul for a soul."

Before she could react, Natasha pulled a syringe out and injected her with it. Within a matter of seconds, she fell. Her body went limp and her mind went numb. She tried conjuring her powers to get back up but they wouldn't appear.

Natasha kneeled and picked her up. She had tears in her eyes. Natasha took Wanda a good few meters from the edge and sat her up against a rock, turning her around so she couldn't see what was about to happen.

She set her fiancé down and kissed her forehead. "I know you can't respond right now but believe me when I say I'm sorry baby." Natasha cried. She slipped her engagement ring off and slipped it onto Wanda's hand. The younger one was unable to cry as she normally would, but her throat was burning and tears dropped one after another onto the suit.

Natasha held the hand that now had both engagement rings on and kissed them.

Clint walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder, he looked to be in his own world while comforting his best friend.

Natasha sobbed with her head down for a minute before looking back up at Wanda with a tear stained face. She cupped her cheeks and cried even harder,"We said we were going to get married once we get everyone back. It was our plan but plans have interferences. Tell Pete I'm sorry he couldn't be the ring bearer for me?" she joked, trying to lighten the mood and contain her tears." Just please know that you, Wanda Maximoff, you are my soulmate. If there even is an afterlife, I'll be there waiting for you. If I get sent into a different universe or life, I'll find you. But if this really is the end of us, know I love you more than everything I've ever known. I didn't want our story to end like this, but the universe was written a certain way that we can't change. I love you so much, and remember, I'll be always protecting you.".

Everyone was crying at this point. Clint looked down at Wanda and mouthed 'I'm sorry Wands.'.

Natasha gave her lover her final kiss and walked back to the edge before she could change her mind. Clint followed her and pulled her into a hug. After they pulled apart, Natasha got ready to jump but Clint decided it should be him. He held a hand out and kept her there.

"Should be me Romanoff." he smiled.

"No." she denied.

"You know what I've done over last five years."

He frowned and said,"You have your family once this is over. Plus, I don't judge people by their past mistakes."

He looked over at Wanda who was oblivious to the situation because of the numbing serum and huffed.

"And you two have a family to start." Clint whispered so only he could hear.

He pushed Natasha away from the ledge and readied his sword in case he needed to fight her. Natasha realised what was about to happen,, so she pulled her batons from her back, ready to fight as well.

Unknown to the two, Wanda was slowly gaining her movement back.

Clint charge at Nat and tried shooting arrows at her. He tackled her to the floor and tried to tie her up. She fought back by pushing him off but she didn't notice he swiped one of her weapons in the processes.

They fought for a few minutes, attempting to keep each other away from the ledge. Natasha got tired of it so she flipped him onto the ground and stood on his hand. She heard a crack and Clint screamed in pain.

"I'm sorry friend."she whispered before slowly walking to the edge.

Clint used his teeth and pulled up the sleeve that hide the weapon his took from her. Luckily, she didn't break that hand as well. He positioned it so it was aiming at her. He moved forward and used his teeth again, but this time to set the voltage and to launch it.

Five hundred bolts of electricity rushed through her body. She dropped to the floor and screamed in pain.

He screamed were heard by Wanda, she started moving her body as much as she could to try to get the serum to wear off faster. She couldn't see what was happening but she was scared by what she heard from her fiancé.

By the time she gained full movement, she heard screams from both of them. She got up and rushed to the edge, scared of what she might find. Wanda looked over it and saw her fiancé dangling from a wire. She let out a relieved sigh but quickly realised what it meant.

Wanda looked past Natasha and saw one of her best friend's body lying motionless at the bottom of the cliff. He had blood slowly spreading from his head. She held back tears, knowing it had to be hard on Natasha and held a hand out for her.

Natasha grabbed it and pulled herself up. Once she was standing, she looked at Wanda. "This better fucking work." she wiped her falling tears away.

Out of nowhere, a massive light erupted from the mountain and the couple felt themselves being thrown into something wet. Once the light disappeared, the saw they were in some kind of tiny pond.

Wanda opened her hand up and see the soul stone sitting there.

"He did it." she whispered and grabbed Natasha's hand.

She didn't respond, but the two walked back to the ship and traveled back to the Avenger's compound.

They appeared where they all started. Everyone was cheering and celebrating while the two women stood there without Clint.

This caught Bruce's attention.

"Hey! Where's Clint?" he asked, slightly confused.

Wanda shook her head and everyone's excitement died down.

"I just lost my best friend, Wanda had to rip a hole in the head of her best friend. If that stupid orange rock doesn't fucking work, I am done trying to keep this team together." Natasha stated before walking out of the room.

Everyone turned to Wanda, and she held the stone up. "Clint lost his life for this, and she had to watch. Please make it work." she pleaded.

She gave the stone to Bruce and walked after her fiancé, knowing it'd affect her mentally and emotionally for a long time.

___
Not checked
1276 words
26/06/22

Not sure what this is.