Reckless Pt1

Set after Endgame. Nat, Steve and Tony didn't die.

Wanda's POV:
Peter, his girlfriend MJ and myself were all watching the 1973 Exorcist movie in the common room. Pete brought MJ over to meet Nat and I because after losing his Aunt May to cancer we kind of took him in as our own kid. He calls me mom and Nat mama, it's adorable.

The only problem with today was that Natasha had to leave for a last minute mission with Steve and some S.H.I.E.L.D agents that Fury apparently needed her to be on so I was left alone with the two teenagers for a few hours.

It wasn't all that bad. I had Peter's head on my lap and his legs were laying over MJ's because he got scared. An hour into the movie, Tony and Pepper joined us in the common room. They cuddled up together next to me and we watched the movie in silence.

When the movie was over I looked down and saw Peter asleep and chucked. "You two gonna be okay here?" I asked MJ who was fighting off the urge to fall asleep as well.

"Of course Mrs Romanova." she yawned. I sent her a smile and said,"Lay down next to him, I can see you're tired as well.". I carefully lifted his head off of my lap and moved so I could stand up. MJ followed my actions and stretched as soon as she was up right.

"You need me to push him back?" I heard Tony ask. I turned to him and smiled,"Please?" he nodded and slid out from under Pepper who I then noticed was asleep as well. Tony held onto Peter's legs and moved them to the back rest of the couch then did the same with him upper body.

He went to go pick Pepper up into a bridal position and whispered,"Could you send someone to wake us up around dinner time?"

I nodded and he smiled before leaning down to kiss Peter's head.

"Come on MJ, get some rest sweetie."

She got on the couch and laid in front of Pete. He hands moved around her waist and he pulled her into his body. She had a blush and cheesy smile on her face as she cuddled into him. I giggled at the adorable teen couple and scanned over the couch for a blanket.

"Are you cold?" I asked her and she nodded slightly.

I thought a bit before conjuring my powers and making a fluffy grey blanket appear out of nowhere. I red mist slowly faded so I opened up the blanket and covered Peter and MJ with it.

"I know my boyfriend is Spider-Man and as cool and all but after that you're definitely the coolest Avenger!" MJ whisper shouted. I chuckled and thanked her before leaving the room to go to my wife and I's shared room in the compound.

Sure we have a house with a few rooms for future kids and one for Peter but whenever one of us are needed, we stay with the team.

I got to into our room and climbed in under the comforters to take a nap myself.

I woke up to loud knocking on my door. I got up and saw Vision looking more panicked than ever. "We need to go to the main S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters now." he stated, I asked why but he looked hesitant to answer me.

"Vision we have a connection through the mind stone, I'm sure there's some way I can find out through it." I warned. He gently grabbed me by my arms and walked me backwards until the back of my knees hit the foot of the bed. I sat and and gestured for me to sit down as well before taking my hands in his.

"It's Natasha, she's sustained critical injuries. The others said it'd be best for me to tell you because we are best friends and Peter is still asleep." he explained to me. I shot up from where I was sitting, grabbed mine and Peter's phones and some portable chargers and ran back to the common room with Vision following behind me.

Yelena, Tony, Pepper, Bucky. Kate, Sam, Bruce, Thor, Carol, and Jane Foster were all sat on the long couch.

I walked up to Peter and gently shook him awake."Pete honey, you need to wake up for me." .

His eyes opened and so did MJ's, "Something wrong Mom?" he asked me and I nodded.

Both teens sat up straight and I explained what Vision had told me. Peter had tears in his eyes and his was harshly biting down on his bottom lip when I finished.

"I've got a private jet outside and a pilot to take us to DC. Miss Jones are you coming with us?" Tony asked. She shook her head and replied,"I can't,I'm sorry."

She kissed Peter's head and stood up. "I'll call someone to pick me up."

Peter stood up as well and hugged around her waist tightly. "See you soon?" he asked.

She smiled and nodded. He let her go and walked her to the compound entrance.

I walked over to Yelena and pulled her into a hug. She hugged back and let a few tears slip out. She quickly wiped them away when we pulled back.

"Engine's ready, we best get going if we want to be there by the time the operate on her." Tony announced as Pete walked back in.

"Everyone have their phones and chargers?" He asked and he received different replies from all of us but all confirming we did.

We all rushed to get to the jet and one the forts closed we were off. Nobody spoke during the fight, the only things we could hear was soft music playing through the speakers and sniffles coming from Yelena and Peter.

When we landed in DC, we rushed out of the jet and into the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ. Nick Fury was standing on the runway and it was clear he'd been crying.

"I've got rooms and clothes for you all. Agent Romanova is currently in X-rays and then we're getting her labs done. You will only get to see her from a viewing room during surgery and a few hours after surgery and some of you are going to have to bunk with someone." He informed us before handing me a list and leaning in closer to me,"You and your son will be the first to know what's wrong with her once we do find out." I thanked him and he walked off into the building.

"Okay so! Yelena and Kate you two are together. Tony and Pepper. Buck you're with Steve, wherever the hell he is, Thor and Jane, Bruce they'll need you in for surgery apparently so you get your own room Danvers you're alone as well, Pete baby you're with me, and Vision you don't sleep but you'll get a room."

We all partnered up and by the time everyone was situated into their rooms it was night.

Peter was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and I was looking at the ceiling of the room. The bathroom door opened and he climbed in next to me. "Is mama gonna be okay?" he asked quietly. I beckoned for him to come closer to me and I wrapped my arms around him. "I don't know, but Fury loves her as if she's his daughter. She's in good hands."

"Go to sleep, I'll wake you up for breakfast tomorrow in our mini kitchen here." I told him.

"Pancakes with strawberries?" he asked and I nodded.

"Love you Mom." he whispered.

"Love you too spiderling."

He cuddled into me even more and went to sleep, me following soon after.
___
Not spell checked.
1313 words
01/06/22

Happy Pride Month!