A Baby? Pt1

Natasha's POV:

My fiancé, Wanda Maximoff, was coming back from a mission with Steve, Rhodes and a few trainees from S.H.I.E.L.D. It was a simple mission, extracting dangerous weapons from a safe.

I watched as the Quinjet slowly landed on the runway. Once it finally got to the end, the door opened up.

About 5 trainees stumbled their way out of the aircraft, when they saw me they sped for the doors into the S.H.I.E.L.D building. "I'm sure it'll be fine, it's Wanda!" I heard Steve exclaim. "I don't know man, it's Nat. Right Wanda?" Rhodes asked but got no reply in return.

The two men walked out of the jet with terrified looks glued to their faces. Steve had a blanket over the inside of his shield.

"Heyyyy Tasha" he said, "Only Wanda calls me that, where is she?" I asked.

They exchanged a look before turning back to me, "Well don't be mad-"

"You telling me not to be mad is going to make me mad" I said cutting Steve off .

"What's under the blanket?" I asked.

"More of a who" Rhodes mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"Okay listen, so we had a bit of a problem on the mission," Steve started but something moving under the blanket. Both men looked nervous to tell me the rest.

"And one of the trainees accidentally turned Wanda into a baby!" He rushed out.

I looked down at the blanket, assuming that's Wanda under there, then looked back up at my friends.

"Which one?" I asked, trying to keep my temper from exploding.

They looked down at the shield and back up at me, clearly trying to keep it from me so I pushed further.

"Which one!" I screamed causing them to flinch.

"Angus Brooks" Rhodes answered.

"You two stay here until I get back". They nodded and I went off to find the man.

I had never heard of him before so I went up to Maria's Office for his whereabouts. "Currently in the trainee's break room" she told me, showing me a picture of him as well. I thanked her and walked off to find him.

When I got there he was sitting on one of the many couches with a beer in hand. "So I shot it and it turned the witch bitch into a fucking baby!" He wheezed. The other trainees around him looked uneasy, good.

I walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder, "What're you going on about?" I asked looking down at him with a fake smile.

"Just telling my friends about a mission I went on with Captain America and War Machine today" he boasted with a smirk.

"Mind if I listen in?" I asked, he nodded and patted the seat next to him, "Anything for a woman like you" he replied.

I walked around the couch and sat next to him, gesturing for him to continue, "So yeah, I turned her into a baby.  Steve wrapped her in her uniform and all her rings fell but there was this one with a real diamond in," the engagement ring,"I wanted to take it but Steve picked her and them all up whispering something about a Natasha being pissed" he laughed.

All the trainees looked at me aside from him, when he noticed, he looked as well. "Something wrong guys?" He asked, seeing a frown on my face.

The guy next to Angus cupped his ear and I heard him whisper," That woman is Natasha, Miss Wanda's fiancé and the Black Window"

His smug expression dropped as he slowly turned back to me," Natasha I'm-"

"Save it!" I interrupted him, I stood up so I could tower over him and watch as he trembled in fear.

"What actually happened?"

"I dropped the weapon and it turned her to a baby..." he admitted looking down.

"And were you actually going to take the ring?" he nodded.

"Alright, you'll be down for attempting to steal property, disrespecting your superiors also it's Mr Rogers, Miss Maximoff and Miss Romanoff to you. I'm going to make your training a living hell," I told the man," that is, if you don't get yourself kicked out before"

A few of the trainees were smirking, some were suppressing laughs but Angus was rapidly nodding to whatever I said.

Once I finished up there, I went back down to Steve and Rhodes. They were talking about way to get her back to normal when I got there.

"Give her here please," I requested. He took her swaddled body out from under the blanket and gently handed her to me. Rhodes went back into the jet and came out with a bag that contained her jewellery and her suit and handed it to me.

"Alright we'll I'm going home, see you there" Rhodes greeted, he started his suit up and flew back to the compound.

"Want to share a car?" Steve suggested and I nodded.

I had baby Wanda squirming to get out of the blanket in my arms as we walked to the garage.
She had short brown hair, no teeth and those bright green eyes.

When we got to the car, Steve opened the door for me so I could get in. Once my door was closed, he ran around the other side and got in, putting his shield in the back and starting our journey.

During the drive I kept tracing a line down her nose, she slowly started to fall asleep so I cradled her in my arms.

"I'll keep you safe Wands," I whispered before her eyes closed.

____
We all know it isn't checked
944 words
12/04/22