Ex

Natasha's POV:

It's 2005. My boyfriend Steve and I have been together since we were 15, we're 20 now and in college.

At the start of the relationship everything was great. We would walk to school together, he'd get me flowers all the time and there was always unexpected hugs and kisses, but over the years it's all fallen slowly.

When we started here at NYU, I came to study Psychology, he does Religions and Christianity.

He started distancing himself last year, he would come to my dorm room with his hair messy and his clothes ruffed up saying he needs help with his "little friend". Although I never really wanted to, he seemed so drained, I took pity.

We're in our second year now and it hasn't changed. I made some friends, their names are Maria, Carol, Gamora and Hope. But he didn't like them cause they are always telling me I deserve better.

With all that summed up that brings us to now.

November 15th 2006-NYU

I'm sitting on my bed, reading and waiting for my friends to come over. We're having a horror marathon on Hope's laptop.

5 minutes later I hear multiple knocks on my door indicating the idiots have arrived. I got up and moved to the door to open it, seeing my 4 friends standing there but all of their faces show anger or pity. What the fuck?

"Hey Nat, can we come in?" Hill asked, I nodded and moved to the side to let them in. Once they were all inside I closed and locked the door.

I turned to the women sitting on my bed to see them all looking at me. Carol got up with her fists clenched and started "That so called boy-" but got interrupted by Gamora putting a hand over her mouth and pulling her back on the bed.

"What's going on?" I asked, Maria looked up at me and then back to Hope's open laptop which I'm only noticing now.

"Take a seat honey" she said as she pointed towards my bed. All of them got up and let me sit down, Carol still being held by Gamora.

Hope then spoke up,"Now we're going to show you something you won't like, but we are here for you always" she fished as she put a hand on my shoulder and sat down on my left.

Maria came and sat on my right, she pressed play on a Facebook video of a party, posted an hour ago, it went on for about 2 minutes. "What is this?" I asked, looking at Hope since she seemed most calm.

"Remember yesterday when you said Steve had a Christianity club sleepover?" I nodded. "Maria play it again please. Look at the bottom left corner hun"

I looked at the laptop and watched for a bit until I saw a familiar blonde eating a brunette guy's face off. Eventually they stopped and he turned around. That's Steve...

When the video stopped I didn't look away, but I could feel the tears starting to build in my eyes. Maria and Hope moved me to the head of my bed and let me lay down. One on either side of me.

"It's okay, you can cry" Maria whispered. I couldn't keep it anymore, I felt my chest tighten and my veins burn as I sobbed into Maria's chest with Hope hugging me from behind.

After a while Carol and Gamora joined us, laying at the foot for space. Then everything just faded to black.

I heard a loud constant bang coming from somewhere, fucking sound woke me up. I opened my eyes to see all my friends still holding me but Carol somehow ended up on the floor.

I slowly got around them to get up and stretch but failed cause I stood on Carol's hand. "Ow Fuck!" she screamed, waking everyone else up.

All of them slowly opened their eyes but fully woke up once they heard the annoying banging as well. "What's that noise?" Hope asked, rubbing her eyes. I shrugged and looked at the time on my nightstand clock.