A woman's touch

"-There are some crappy guardian angels out there Thomas, either they're lazy, or they just don't give a damn- many of them are so pathetic they can't even give you the Heimlich maneuver to save you from choking on some of the crap in this world- I've learned its best not to choke, then at least that useless angel can't disappoint you if you die-"

-Detective Angela MacMillan-

Back in the office Tom fell into his seat and watched Angela take a sip of her coffee, but her surprised face made him laugh "What's wrong?"

"There's no alcohol in this!"

"You shouldn't drink on the job miss Mac-mac..." He was immediately cut off by her pointing finger.

"Don't nickname me detective! We don't know each other that well"

He held his hands up then took out his canteen of whiskey "I spike it my self"

She popped her lid and held the cup to him, after Tom gave her some whiskey she seemed to calm down and sat scanning the photos again, meticulously sipping on that dangerous cup of coffee.

He decided to give her a few minutes with it then cleared his throat.

"So...?"

Her bottle blue eyes came up to him making him take a little personal gasp, his presumption about her in the bar was reassured right now, this woman was indeed a piece of art.

"What?" Her almost husky voice asked.

"I know you're putting the puzzle together, chief Warren told me you're a smartass"

Tom felt a tingle of uncertainty when a smile stretched over her soft pink lipstick lips, he did in fact expect another harsh comeback.

"Smarty hey?"

"Ignore that, I'm going to wipe clean that slate about the NASCAR and the black Chev and bust burrowed bullet"

She giggled making him smile.

"Since you are now my new partner I want to fill you in on what I have figured and what trail I'm on"

Angela sat back in her chair with a smirk "Oh? Trying to get into my good books hey?"

He shrugged "Did you know there are some law out there that states people in our line of work can't have friction? We're not allowed to get angry at each other over the soul purpose that we carry firearms..."

She tilted her head "I don't have one?"

Tom frowned "You know we have a dangerous job right?"

"Yes?"

"We ruin the lives for many evil people, I suggest you get one!"

"I have a tazer and pepper spray"

He chuckled "Oh my lord"

Angela leaned in "And for my house" she whispered "I have a pump action shotgun"

Tom burst out with laughter "Okay now I like you!"

She sat back smiling "So? Now that you like me? Fill me in partner"

Tom stood up, plugged his camera into the printer and proceeded to print out the pictures of the destroyed bathroom.

"So for the past three years this Butcher has been digging his snibbly fingers up my arse"

She scoffed "I didn't want to hear that Thomas!"

"The bugger leaves a very messy but very clean scene"

She frowned.

"No evidence to lead us to him, no fingerprints, no bootprints, no bloody hair follicles, nothing" Tom said and took out the photos.