Red Notice

Angela tapped her lips with a finger, knuckles on her chin, she was on her way to Manhattan but had to turn around when Warren called her about another murder.

She took spear head now that Tom was out of action for the day, Warren was furious though, and she could see why, it was Robin.

"This Butcher killer has some balls on him!" Jones said falling in next to her.

"He was supposed to pick me up for a few drinks last night, guess I know now he didn't drop me" Angela said.

"What time?" Warren asked.

"Around the time Tom called that shootout in with Alice, I of course dropped everything and raced over, I was actually expecting Robin to come as well"

"You would have been right, Robin has a police radio in his house, the kid would monitor it even on his off days and set out when a call of importance came through" Warren said clicking his tongue "Robin would have beaten you to Tom for sure"

Angela respected that, she didn't bring up a witty comeback about how fast one can give backup, true blue police officers wanting to help their own needs all the respect due.

Now this scene though, she could see it wasn't Alice, it was probably Tom's original butcher, the line in his neck was made by a very, in fact an exponentially sharp knife, capable of cutting so cleanly the wound walls sealed again thanks to dry blood remained only a line.

The only thing that gave its fatality away was the pool of blood Robin lied in.

"The Hell with this I'm calling a red notice" Warren said taking out his phone.

"For Alice?" Angela asked.

"Alice and Tom's mystery murderer! Both will burn for this! I'm not saying one person deserves more response from authority than another, but killing a man who serves to protect others is plain mockery!" He said walking off.

Angela took out her cell and phoned the detail outside Tom's house, she would have phoned him personally but she thought he might need his rest, tomorrow he will probably blow a gasket hearing of Robin's death.

Before she held the phone to her ear she saw her battery was only on four percent "Come on idiot pick up!" She said knowing the phone will die.

"Detective MacMillan?"

"How's he doing?"

"He had a power outage but we checked it out"

"After that?"

"He said he'll start his generator to keep his meat cold then..." The phone died but Angela stood with it still to her ear.

'Keep his meat cold?' She thought as she slowly lowered the phone.

As far as she knew Tom, he lived off fast food, noodles and cup of soup... He never had a freezer with meat in.

She looked at her Charger, still idling with its lights on, almost asking her to come and race it.

Generator...

She ran to the car as fast as she could.

"MacMillan!? Where are you going!?" Warren yelled.

"Be right back sir!" She called and sped away burning the tyres again.

Warren shook his head "I'll have to make her sign earn and deduction forms for all that rubber she's wasting"

Angela's heart raced as her engine did, she prayed the men outside had a bright spark and think!

Coming to a sliding halt in Tom's driveway the two men in the sedan jumped out "Detective!?" One yelled.