Pursuit

"-Wasn't that an educational corner? -"

Tom tried his best to keep a composed stare at the papers in front of him, the eight cylinder bellow of Angela's car constantly announced its power and Tom wasn't the high-speed-pursuit enthusiast, he'd rather watch other people race at breakneck speeds and risk their lives, just like NASCAR.

The case about Kyle was cold, the last lead was his feedback to Adele and from there on no one else saw him, it was a head scratcher.

He sighed closing the file but blinked when that very same sedan of last night turned and headed straight up where they would be going.

"That's it!" He yelled pointing.

"What!?" Angela said looking.

"That's the car that Moe was in last night before he got killed!"

"Open with that line next time Snyders!" She yelled gearing and aiming for her siren button, but he grabbed her arm.

"No! No sirens! Just follow him!"

"What!? You just identified him as a car used linking to a murder! I'm going to chase this oinker!"

"Angela!"

The light went green and she sped off but the Charger fishtailed violently leaving a plume of smoke behind.

Tom grabbed the panic handle gritting his teeth "What a bloody waste of rubber!"

"Government issue remember!" She laughed.

They seemed to be catching up to the sedan but as it cornered a clear indication of smoke from its tyres told them they were running.

"They're running!" Angela yelled.

"No they're not! Just follow" Tom said not wanting to accept this chase is going to happen.

"They're running Tom!"

"They're not!"

"Oh~ up- yours-!" She yelled slamming the button.

The sirens wailed around them and the car lit up with blue, Angela geared down twice and yanked the emergency brake, the car slid sideways as she floored it hard and lined it up again to tail the other car.

"Bloody Hell MacMillan!" Tom yelled.

"I showed you I can drive and my handbrake works! Wasn't that an educational corner!?"

"This isn't NASCAR dammit!"

"No it isn't! Its a little scarier than that!" She yelled grabbing her radio mic "What's the street and direction!?"

Tom scanned quick "Willowson road south west!"

She keyed the radio and yelled into it "All call signs this is detective Angela McMillan! I'm in pursuit of a black sedan that was involved in a murder! Heading south west on Willowson road! Speeds are way above the limit and climbing!"

Tom clung for dear life as they serpentined between traffic "This is dangerous!"

"Its not! I know what I'm doing! Stop underestimating me!" She barked back.

"Pedestrians Angela!"

"That's why I have my sirens on dammit!"

The car swerved right and she followed with her sideways smoking slide, her glance then asked him the new direction.

"Now turned south on Mable road!"

They both saw the movement in the car ahead, Tom rolled his window down and drew his firearm, Angela had the radio again.