Unexplained attacks

Warren's platinum moustache was almost mirror like when he stormed bellowing over the parking lot.

"Geezus Snyders how many times are you going to get shot at!?"

"I'm not dead yet! And to tell me to back off now is a cruel move chief! I've never been this close to a suspect before! And dammit at least I'm getting shot at! That's clear proof I'm hot on the trail!"

"Its not worth your life Snyders!"

"She missed!"

"And you can only be lucky that much!"

Dale was standing in front of the two wordless but both turned to him, Tom held the warrant up again "Talk"

"Okay her name is Allison"

"That's a fake name its Alice, what details do you have on her? Why are you in contact with her!?" Tom screamed grabbing his collar but Jones pulled him away.

"Don't you move" he said to Dale then turned to Tom "And you! Calm down"

Tom breathed in deep and stood back with a grunting sigh.

"What business do you have with her?" Jones asked Dale.

"She's merely a scout, she infiltrated Monroe enterprises to get information"

"About what!?"

"The blood diamond business in Angola"

"So she did have a finger in that pie!?" Tom asked.

"Yes, I'll admit I have some ties but she managed to swoop it from under me, I needed Alison to find out how"

Tom felt his guts knot, it was true, pretty Miss Monroe couldn't be trusted, he took a step back and sighed, it all suddenly swamped him.

Jones turned to Dale "I want any and all information you have on Alice, now!"

"Sure thing" the man said entering his building, Warren lifted a finger first before he spoke to Tom.

"I'm putting you in paid leave, for at least a month"

"Dammit Jones!"

"This is not up for negotiation! Where is MacMillan!?"

"She's following another lead we had"

"Well if she comes back she'll take lead on this investigation..." Warren said and his pointing finger went to the shot up car, but he groaned holding his forehead "Take a cab"

The two stood silently watching the car then Tom snorted leaving over the parking area.

"I'll send someone to deliver a Charger to your house! Leave this Victoria for the trash heap!" Warren called after him.

"Yeah yeah whatever!" Tom said and sighed pocketing his hands, now having to part with this case annoyed him, and what would be even more annoying is if Angela comes back and actually cracks it, sure its for the best but it would feel like she took all the credit for his work...

He shook his head, no, if Angela cracks the case he'd be more than happy, she was his partner after all, and then he could finally return the favour by helping her with Luke.

Tom scanned the street and crossed, his mind was hooked to a bar not far away and didn't bother with a cab, but all they way he walked he was thinking if maybe starting some digging of his own around Luke, and the idea had him snap a finger hailing a cab.

"To the detectives office" he said climbing in.

As the driver calmly took him he thought of another thing, the Ancient keystone forest, where he lost Mia, maybe he should first give Angela a slip and start there, for old times sake go and pay his respects to the little girl he loved so much.