Apex

After the forensics squad came to collect the blood and swab the machine gun for prints Angela and Tom was off to the department again, unfortunately thanks to the call in for 'Blood' and a fingerprints check on a firearm, wind has carried the chase they had to Warren Jones, and he was furious.

"This is the second damn time! The second time you don't call for backup!" Jones yelled making Tom glance at Angela's ducked face.

"Jones! When always the last time you saw action!?" Tom shouted back.

"What does that have to do with anything!?"

"Did you forget how fast things happen in the heat of the moment! This time I wasn't alone dammit!"

Jones looked at Angela who still refused to make eye contact "And you? Psychiatric forensics analyst!? Where did you brains run off to!?"

"Jones it was my fault I ordered her to punch the gas!" Tom said again.

Warren pointed at them "You're off the case!"

"What!?" They both asked.

"Day two MacMillan! You're not a dumb nut! I brought you in because you're smart!"

"I've been working on the Butcher case for three years Warren! I practically boned the Butcher like I did my wife!" Tom kept yelling not caring if Angela wanted to say something.

"That's why you're staying and she's going"

"I refuse" Tom said making Warren leer him.

"If she goes I'm also off, she's just what I needed to boost this case!"

"And yet you go chase after organised crime! I thought this was the butcher case!?"

"It might be man! Moe was the one who reported the latest murder and now he's dead!"

Angela never saw anyone fight with their captain like Tom did, she would never bark at the WV captain like this.

Warren stood away from his table blowing through his lips, then pointed again "Last chance! You two could have died!"

"Yes Chief!" Tom said walking out but Angela remained.

"Anything else MacMillan?" Warren asked.

"No sir" she said and left.

In his office Angela came in and closed the door, he saw the look on her face and its the first time he saw her oppressed.

"Jones is an A-hole Angela, don't take him seriously" Tom said.

"I didn't, what kept running through my mind was that I almost got us killed"

He walked over to her and grabbed the strap of her tank top then drew her against him.

"And now is my turn to nail you about myself!"

"What!?" She asked feeling the lack of personal space.

"You knew I was in Iraq! I hate a 'know-it-all' but take that into consideration would you!? I took that bastard out with one shot! And if the driver dared lift a gun he would have been next! They would have died not us!" He said sternly "I won't be underestimated as well Angela..."

Their faces close to each other made Tom see the beautiful detail in her irises, his anger subsided slightly but for some reason he didn't let her go, this close she was as stunning as she was from afar, only now in extra definition, Tom felt his stomach turn, she's gorgeous.

They edged closer slightly, her hands already on his chest out of subconscious reaction during his grab and she felt his risen heartbeat.

He let her go and stood back "Sh- I'm sorry"