Another suspect

"-Good ol-fashioned cat burglary-"

Tom closed the door behind him and turned to the mourning couple, he hated doing things like this, Warren always said he's the best man for the job since he knew the pain... Oscar was 15, Mia would have been 15 this year, it hit home for him.

"Mister and Missus Banks, my deepest condolences for your loss" he said sitting down "Can I offer you some water?"

"We're fine, please tell me you're after this killer?" Edward Banks asked, his wife was Joan.

"Yes sir, the current serial killer is my case, and I want to give you peace by saying your son might lead to his arrest, almost certainly" Tom explained.

"How so?" Edward asked.

"This killer, he strikes and leaves extremely clean scenes, but this time he screwed up, and I'm hot in his trail"

"Good, thank you Detective, is there anything we can do to help you?"

"There is, so you know of any people he was with last?"

They two looked at each other "Only his girlfriend" Joan said.

"Who is she?"

"I think her name was Allie, or, Elsa, something like that, he didn't really tell us much about her"

"Do you have any more details on her?"

"She has blue eyes and blonde hair, cute girl, we saw her once, she's also fifteen if I'm not mistaken"

"You don't have an address? Maybe a surname?"

"No, unfortunately not"

Tom nodded and at least noted down the physical description of this mystery girlfriend.

"Does Oscar have any friends who might have more details on her?"

"His best friend is Tyran, I can get you his details" Edward said.

"That would help, lastly, the night he didn't come home, where did he say they were headed? Was this Allie or Elsa with him?"

"Yes, she went with, to the theme park" Edward said.

"They walked?"

"Its not far from where we stay, he said he will meet her there"

Tom nodded and noted, the theme park isn't far from the murder scene, Tom felt he might have another suspect, but the problem was a fifteen year old girl won't have the physical strength to strangle Oscar until his neck turned purple.

"Thanks I will keep in touch, and again, I'm sorry for your loss" Tom said getting up "Here is my number, please come back to me about Tyran as soon as possible"

Edward took the card "Will do, and good luck Detective" he said as Tom left.

Warren was outside on a bench and stood up.

"And?" He asked.

"They talked about Oscar having a girlfriend, Allie or Elsa, blue eyes blonde hair, same age, we need to see if we can track her down"

"You think she's a suspect?"

"Everyone is innocent until proven guilty right chief?"

"A girl?"

"Stop sounding so surprised sir, I need more witnesses, Edward said he'll get the details of the best friend, for now we have only the evidence found on the scene, the camera footage to work with, and of course Miss Monroe"

Warren looked in the direction of the interrogation room, then sighed "So her?"

"Let me talk to her a little, but I'm going to release her for now"

"Very well, keep me posted" Warren said leaving.

Tom walked back to Adele but in his head he was shouting and cussing, there was one hell of a link missing here, he just couldn't put his finger on it... Who would want to frame Adele!?

He opened the door and she sat up from het arms.

"Sorry Miss Monroe, we may continue" he said sitting.

"Did you ho talk to the victim's parents now?" She asked.

"I did, how did you know?"

"I heard the conversation outside just before you left, how do you deal with it?" She asked softly "How do you tell a parent his or her child has been killed?"

Tom sighed "It could be because I went through something similar"
Her eyebrows rose.

"Its a story for another day miss Monroe, I had more questions, but they are irrelevant since I might have more suspects, all I ask is you don't leave town" he said taking out a set of handcuff keys and swinging a finger so she must turn around.

She obeyed and he took her hands gently, then loosened the cuffs "Sorry for the inconvenience"

"That's not a problem" she said rubbing her wrists.

"Before you go, do you know who might have wanted to pull a stunt like this? Frame you?"

"The only person I can think of is Faust, but... He didn't have access to my purse, neither did anyone for that matter... Uh~ accept you... Detective"

He smiled "I can assure you it wasn't me, the license is still in for fingerprints analysis, then we'll find out if the crook was truly careless or not"

She smiled "Okay then"

Tom walked her out the room to the front lobby where she could retrieve her belongings, before she left she gave him a slow turn.

"Maybe, later when you're done we can have supper again?" She asked.

"Unfortunately as long as you're on the suspect list I can't be with you"

"I figured something like that, oh well" she said and shrugged "I'll be patient then"

Walking out he kept an eye on her sway again, but blinked as Angela passed her in the door of the front lobby, the two gave each other a deathly glare but never stopped their catwalk pass, Tom snickered to himself, it certainly did look like a model showdown at that exact moment, and he couldn't help admire how Angela had a beauty about her that almost rivaled Adele's.

"Find anything?" He asked.

"They wanted a warrant at Monroe's building, as for her house" she held a hard drive up smiling slyly "Nothing beats good ol-fashioned cat burglary"

Tom quickly scanned but they were alone "Hey! You nabbed that out her house!?"

"I was pissed that they had the nerve to tell me warrent-warrent under the current circumstances! I mean we have their boss locked up!" She said and turned to the door "Had... Why did you let her go?"

"She's clean for now, until the evidence opens up more"

Angela looked back at him sceptically "I saw her give you the slow turn all the way from my car, what did she ask?"

"You don't miss a thing do you?"

"I don't"

"Nothing important Angela, let's go check that surveillance hard drive if it has something" Tom said and left for his office.

Something Adele said kept ringing in his head, from the inside out that interrogation room was sound proof, Adele wouldn't have heard anything, it was impossible, yet she did, but how?

†††
Author's note:

No author's note today peeps Lmao!