Superstition

"-I'm going to have to put on my detective's hat again-"

"Good evening Miss Monroe, I hope you had a pleasant day at the office?" The valet asked as she climbed out of the vehicle.

"Yes Hank, thanks for your help" she said handing him the keys.

Tom watched this with eagle eyes, the man drove the Bentley off giving way to Adele who crossed the path to him.

"Join me?" She asked holding her hand out.

He got the idea and bent his arm so she could formally hook her hand into his elbow, then the two headed up the staircase to the front door, where seemingly a butler awaited them.

"I have a guest tonight Bernard, please ensure two seats are served" she said and he tilted his head gracefully.

"And to drink madam?"

She looked at Tom.

"I would like some whiskey if possible?"

"On the rocks sir?"

"Please?"

He nodded and opened the doors stepping back first allowing Adele to lead Tom in.

Stray in an alleyway... Meet the house of the Siamese cat, Tom felt like a wart in this place, and the hospitality was equal only to a five star hotel, only it had a proper mansion feel to it.

Adele adored her red it seemed, thick red Persian carpets wherever they could be sprawled and then of course the red carpet treatment went to the staircase leading up to a second floor, it was damn fancy, but seriously red.

Tom took his words back about her being lonely, all the men serving her here were handsome and young, he felt like the old dog from the pound between all this young meat, they must be meat to her right? It was clear she chose them for their looks.

In an exquisite lounge Adele took her coat off and held it to another young one ready to take it, after he left the now red dressed woman strolled around the room to a private bar.

"I hope this doesn't scare you Tom?" She asked seeing him watch the man disappear with the coat.

"I'll admit I didn't expect this, you truly have everything money can buy" he said poking a glass rose on a table.

She finished pouring the drinks then turned to him with the two glasses "Indeed I have, but there is still something I cannot find"

Tom watched her walk over to him slowly until she was close enough so her hand could hold his glass over.

"And that is?" He asked taking it, but his eyes over the glass scouted her flaming body, it couldn't be helped.

"Love, its something I learned money just can't buy, trust me, I know" she said with a seductive smile and sipped at her wine.

"So there was never a lie in that phrase after all"

"Indeed" she said holding a hand to the sofas and sat down.

Tom made sure he didn't sit too close, choosing the seat right across from her.

"Is there anything I should know Adele? I know its not polite to talk business in someone's private company, but I was curious?" He asked.

She sat back spreading her shoulders "Like what?"

"Maybe something that happened long in the past that might contribute to your latest stiff in the freezer?"

She frowned "Stiff?"

"Dead body?"

She laughed "Oh, well no, nothing that serious..." Her face clearly indicated she remembered something, this is what Tom was after.