Not the cells in his brains

Its all about showing everyone she has nothing to hide, or was it professionalism? Maybe she liked the fact that her entire boardroom was clear glass, you can see everyone in it, and look all the way through it.

In front Adele stood talking to her members with her usual seductive smile, Tom got used to it by now, maybe that was just her way, whatever the case she's still the graceful woman she always was despite the fact that she spent a few hours in a police interrogation room, that didn't even faze her.

Like a ballerina in a glass ball, sure its nice to shake it so the snow flickers up and dance around but watching her move in that maroon dress that sat exposing her shoulders, no amount of shaking that globe will make her more impressive, she was gorgeous as is.

Tom always wondered how those dresses stay up, hanging by the sides of her arms by the mercy of one's imagination alone, just the blink if an eye will make the material effortlessly fall away like a bad memory, revealing an even more spectacular spectacle underneath.

Her puerperal vision must have caught him standing there as she gave him a glance, then doubled back that glance with a smile, her hand with five fingers came up just as the message on her lips sent 'Five minutes' soundless through the soundproof glass.

He nodded and searched for a coffee vendor, surely she'd have that on this floor right? And sure enough the sight of the Nespresso machine drew him to it.

He pressed the coffee button despite the options of the more expensive beverages, he already had his hand on his pocketed canteen to spike it.

"Sorry for the wait detective, can I help?" She asked behind him.

Tom let go of his canteen but lifted the coffee "Yes, sorry to barge in like this again Miss Monroe, I hope you're informed I have a warrant for this building's camera footage?"

"Oh, that's fine then, did my assistants help you?"

"They have, I need to ask you a few questions whilst we wait though"

"Sure, in my office?" She asked holding a hand, Tom's brow twitched, how fast can she turn in that dress before it loses grip over her sleek body? Angela would slap him if she heard his mind now.

"No need, but maybe its for the best" he said holding a hand as well and allowing her to lead the way.

As her dress started its tail behind her strides he sipped the plain coffee and followed.

"Do you do interviews for your company Miss Monroe?"

"Not all of them, why?" She asked with a glance.

"There is a young lady who works here called Alison, heard of her?"

The frown on her second glance told him she might not have seen her, or heard of her.

"Who does interviews besides you?" He asked after she shook her head.

"Ruben, one of my managers"

"Be so kind as to call him up as well?"

"Of course"

In her office she picked the phone up before she rounded it to the chair "Ruben, to my office, and bring the recruitment file with you"

Tom felt his stomach turn, he was on to something, if Adele didn't see this Alison surely Ruben must have, its all down to this. Would Angela be disappointed if she couldn't have been the one to find this? Or will she be angry at him for waiting so long in the car? The heaters don't work if the car isn't started, and it was a chilly winters day.

"A drink so long?" Adele asked and he blinked out his little bubble of excitement.

"Yes, that would be nice"