Bad security

Its been a wile since I updated this novel so here's a quick recap:

Tom and Angela found a blonde haired woman sneaking around in Adele Monroe's mansion.

Warren got the two detectives a warrant to go fetch the camera footage of Adele's business building.

This is where the story kicks off, enjoy.

"Again to the tower of the queen" Tom said as they stopped at Adele's building.

"And as usual I won't be joining you" Angela said.

"You know its only a fear of heights when you look down out a window right?" He said unbuckling his belt.

"The very idea that I'm elevating into the air is what makes me freeze Thomas, just go and get the hard drive so we can assess that footage safely at the office"

Tom chuckled and closed the door, inside the lady greeted and he held a paper up, she smiled.

"Another warrant?" She asked.

"Indeed" he said.

"Miss Monroe is in a meeting, might I assist you?"

"Its to collect the camera footage hard drive, we need to see what went on in this building twenty four hours before the murder"

"There was a murder?" She asked, Tom saw it was clear Adele liked keeping things from her workers.

"Yes, and Monroe's drivers license was found on the scene"

She stood up "Follow me then"

Tom obeyed calmly towing after her to a different room in the building, she swiped an access card and pushed the door open "Through here"

Tom entered standing aside so she could lead the way again.

She finally swiped the card again revealing a security room complete with guards and monitors 'Interesting' Tom thought, there were loads of off site security companies available to do this job, it seemed Adele liked to keep it in her walls, which could lead to some nifty inside jobs.

"Boys, this is detective Tom, he has a warrant for the camera hard drive"

"Uh– sure thing" one said typing away on his computer.

"What's your name?" Tom asked the woman.

"Odette sir"

"Odette, mind leaving me with these two quickly?"

"Sure, I'll be right outside" she said closing the door behind her.

"Gentleman" he greeted them by hand "Might I ask a few things?"

"Sure thing sir" one said as he took out the pocket book.

"Where you on duty around eight o clock last night?"

"Yes Sir, evening duty"

"How does your shifts work?"

"Six to twelve, twelve to six"

Tom made the note and looked at the screens "How long have you two been working for Adele?"

"Ten years sir"

"She pays well right?"

"Yes, men fight for this position I tell you" the stocky one said.

Tom could figure, judging by the plumpness around their waists and cheeks this was a good paying job, and they didn't lie about the years, sit in these chairs all day and you're bound to pick up weight.