23 :: EVENTUALLY

OPEN FILE :: EVENTUALLY ?

> ALRIGHT <

- OW -

- IT BURNS -

.
.
.

TW: CURSING, SMOKING

" I KNOW I ALWAYS SAID THAT I COULD NEVER HURT
YOU. "

--------------

3RD PERSON POV

Tommy sat in the bottom bunk of the bed he shared with Wilbur, Techno and {Y/n} sharing a bunk with the raccoon on top and Techno having rolled off of his bed and onto the floor, still sound asleep.

He was doodling on a little notebook Wilbur gave him a while back. {Y/n} wasn't even in their bed or in the room, the sound of mining underneath him giving him an idea of what they were up to. The blonde sighed, getting off of his bed quietly and leaving. Wilbur was a light sleeper, and Techno was the exact opposite. He walked to the kitchen, grabbing a baked potato and taking it with him as he went down the mine staircase the raccoon built.

They didn't seem to notice him, digging out a chunk of iron. They had multiple strip mines lining the stairs, finally at a cave at the bottom where they currently were. Tommy whistled, scaring the shit out of the 13 year old as they threw the pickaxe at him. It narrowly missed, brushing against the top of his head as they both screamed. It lodged into the stone behind Tommy.

"wh- don't go throwing shit at me, you nearly chopped my head right off man!"

"sorry, you scared me!"

They both gasped, Tommy tugging out their pickaxe. He struggled to yank it out, finally getting it loose and giving it to the child. They caught it easily, putting it away with a yawn. Tommy hadn't seen them sleep at all.

"what are you doing up?"

"I can ask you the same thing, you nocturnal fuck."

They broke into laughter, trying and failing to not wake anybody up. Wilbur shuffled down the poorly lit stairs, tiredly looking at them both.

"what are you two doing up, its like 3 am."

The brunette grumbled with a snappy tone. Tommy scowled.

"Neither of us could sleep so we went mining, is all."

The boy semi-bluffed, pulling out his pickaxe. Wilbur shrugged them off, walking back up to the first floor as the clicking of a lighter echoed throughout the ravine. {Y/n} pulled Tommy deeper into the cave and into a much larger area.

It was as big as maybe their room in Techno's house, being decorated to look like a cabin. They brought a little bit of home with them.

"decided to make a little area while i was awake, techno snores way too loud for me to be able to sleep."

"How did you get the wood-"

"d'you think theres only one exit to this place? i know how to use redstone, tommy."

They looked at eachother, Tommy's brows raising in realization and a mischievous grin. {Y/n} laughed, leading him inside and shutting the iron doors placed in front. Tommy liked that it was closed in.

"Wilbur is being such a prick recently, we're literally just talking and he gets mad!"

{Y/n} nodded in agreement, currently working on carving enchantments into their diamond pickaxe. They had the handle of a knife in their mouth, taking it out from time to time to touch up the writing in the enchanted language with their paws.

Tommy was rambling, and he was grateful they actually listened and responded instead of zoning out like Techno not not giving him the time of day like Wilbur. {Y/n} would add their own dialogue too, adding things to the conversation.

"techno almost threw a shovel at me the other day because i got a dirt paw print on his cape. Not my fault it drags around on the ground."

They snorted out a laugh, blowing away the fine powder that came with carving. Tommy sat next to them, watching the 13 year old finish up with the pickaxe. He liked the way they wrote, it matched them.

They had a notebook next to them with little doodles of different weapons, listing next to them what enchantments they had to put on them with little dashes next to the enchantments already applied. Tommy found it cool how efficient they were.

"Tommy, cmere."

They put their pickaxe on their back, walking over to a wall and pressing a button with their paw. Tommy stared wide-eyes behind them as a stairway opened up to the surface. They looked at eachother, sprinting up the stairs and tumbling on the the dewey grass outside with laughter.

It rained the day before, the early morning sun bathing everything with soft rays of sunlight. They reflected off of the stay raindrops everywhere, making everything look like a dream. Tommy sprawled out on his back, stretching as his back let out a satisfying pop.

"God, id much rather sleep on this grass."

He grinned, {Y/n} laying next to him with a proud grin. They took off their leather gloves, paws sinking into the grass. They liked this, this felt happy. It felt right. Tommy looked so pale and tired, and they were drained. The ravine had a chokehold on them, but being able to see that one sunrise gave them a genuine smile.

Tommy's eyebags were getting darker, he wasn't sleeping much either. He was trying to make the ravine feel like home, hanging up lanterns on chains that stretched across the stone and ore walls. Wilbur liked it, so Tommy was happy. When Wilbur didn't like something, Tommy didn't either.

But Tommy liked {Y/n} when Wilbur didn't.

They had their eyes closed, ears folded on their head. Tommy smiled and stared up at the sky, the clouds a fuzzy pink. He loved when the sky wasn't blue. He sometimes wondered if he should learn how to paint- he was too busy and too prideful to ask for the materials.

{Y/n} snored quietly into their bandana, the blonde realizing they had fallen asleep. Maybe he would too.

{Y/n} could finally answer XD's question-

They did kind of miss it.

(1014 words)