1 :: LONESOME TOWN

loading. . .

OPEN FILE : LONESOME_TOWN ?

OPEN FILE : LONESOME_TOWN  ?

- YES -

>YES<

- YES -

OPENING. . .

.
.
.

TWS : CURSING, YELLING

"THERE'S A PLACE WHERE LOVERS GO,

TO CRY THEIR TROUBLES AWAY."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

3RD PERSON POV ::

They stared at the village with a squint, either due to their less-than-immaculate eyesight, or the fact that it was packed with villagers today. They were unsure of today.

Something just seemed off. There was more food than usual, and the chatter was annoyingly loud.

{Y/n} watched with an unblinking gaze as a man dashed out of the crowd and into the forest, a blur of red and pink. What a weirdo! He could have easily just pretended to buy something then dipped!

The 12-year-old trotted on down to the pathways that connected nearly everything, making sure they had emeralds and gold with them. They had finally wound up enough energy to go mining, and they made a good profit from it. They were decently known by the residents of the village, both good and bad. They used to steal, but hey, capitalism or whatever it's called.

They hopped on over to one of the stalls, a man with a thick beard smiling at them and leaning down in his dirt-stained apron and cloth gloves. They never asked what his name was, but sometimes he'd give them seeds for their farm for free when they bought things.

They talked for a bit while {Y/n} bought their things, mostly carrots, and potatoes. They were pretty easy to plant, and they already had a pretty large farm going on top of their home. They never farmed animals, only buying meat. They didn't have the heart to kill them.

They nodded to the man, skipping over to the blacksmith, and the church, and a quick stop to the animals. The village cats were always so nice to them, rubbing against their furry legs and following them until they left. They wished they had one of their own.

The piglin man sat at his campfire, roasting a chicken or two as he read a book. Phil asked him to go get food, and he usually could never say no to his friend, so he did. He found the attention irritating, but hey, at least he had some time to himself.

At least, that's what he thought.

The trees were fairly spaced out where he was, but the shrubbery of berry bushes was plentiful, so plentiful infact he found himself tripping over them from time to time. Pesky little things, those bushes are. Same with the local community.

And then there was this.. kid.

Gave him a very mischievous vibe. Sauntering away with their backpack full of things, some that looked bought and some stolen. He could tell, because he used to with Wilbur. They hesitated, sniffing the air before one of their ears turned in his direction.

It was kind of hard not to notice Technoblade, his tall stature as a pigman giving him plenty of identifying features. Mostly the fact he was pink and wore a huge red cape, in the middle of a dark green forest. He didn't really care, but it sort of unnerved him how hard they were thinking about whether or not they should go over or not.

The voices were booming, calling them over even when they knew the kid couldn't hear them. Stuff along the lines of "PUPPY? OH RACCOON NVM" "PSPSPSPPSPSPSPSPS CMERE", and others chanting for him to attack them.

The usual.

He looked back up from the campfire- And the little squirt was gone! Well, goddamn! Not his problem anymore, then. He shrugged and continued to let the food cook, changing them out from time to time and going back to reading.

The raccoon stayed crouched behind him, peering over his shoulder to see what he was doing. It was a strange sight, this hunched boar reading a book over a campfire. They did like his jewelry though.

They leaned over some more, tail brushing against one of the bushes. The man sat up, much more aware of his surroundings. He turned around, the two just staring at eachother before {Y/n} got up to start running, the man yoinking them by the tail.

The child squawked, kicking at his legs and grabbing their axe. He laughed, taking out his own sword that was, quite frankly, bigger than they were tall.

"Let me go! LET ME GO!"

{Y/n} screeched, swinging for his hands. The boar laughed, his hand with his sword on his hip. Fuck, he was definitely gonna sass them!

"Well, what's your excuse for sneaking up on me? Because could easily throw you in the fire pit."

Their eyes widened, slowly lowering their axe. Well.. surely, he wouldn't? Hopefully? The man, instead, yanked them closer to the fire, where they could feel ambers singe the end of their tail as they yelled again.

"YOU'RE LITERALLY CAMPING OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE!?"

He looked around, staring at a carved cave just a bit away, greenery growing atop the area with wheat and potatoes. Oh. Well, then. That was surely.. something.

He quickly let them go, clearing his throat. They were too scared to move, but soon found themself sprinting back to their cave. And, of course, he walked after them.

They ran through their iron doors, spamming the button to close them. The man casually hit the button to re-open them with a simple grin, crouching the walk inside.

"Why the hell do you need to be BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE!?"

{Y/n} shouted, snatching an enchanted sword from a table. He completely ignored them, glancing around the place. THEN he payed attention to them.

"Well, if you're gonna be spying on me, im snooping into your stuff. Simple."

"There isn't anything simple about that! You cant go breaking into people's homes, dude!"

"Well. I didn't break in, I came in through the door, soooo.."

They paused for a second, an offended look on their face.

"wh- THAT'S STILL BREAKING IN, DUDE!"

(1000 words)