Chapter 02: Diary Writing, Books Purchase

Author's Note:

Konoha's Will of Fire alludes to the ideology that love and loyalty are above all else.

Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen, the Third Hokage, is also called Lord Sandaime. Similarly, Lord Shodaime and Lord Nidaime are titles used for Konoha's first and second chiefs.

Anbu (short for Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai) is a special assassination and tactical squad made of capable ninjas that are dispatched by the village leader (Hokage)

Taijutsu and Ninjutsu are both fight techniques; Taijutsu specifically refers to physical combat and fight skills while Ninjutsu refers to ninja techniques.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Uchiha Tonan walked into the bedroom, took out a diary, and began writing.

July 1:

Today in school, Sandaime-sama delivered a speech about the Will of Fire. In the beginning, I didn't understand it very well. But because of his simple explanation, it gradually made sense.

I have summarized it below... (3,000 words omitted)

Oh, that's right, today, father and mother left behind a note saying they went to the battlefield. I wish them the very best.

Tonan shut the diary after making the entry and placed it in a conspicuous place. This journal would be very useful in the future. He was not sure whether Nanako and Kotoura would die on the battlefield. Even if they did, he needed to make more plans, and that would involve risk.

The next day, he headed to the largest bookstore in Konoha. The store's owner was a bespectacled old man. Upon seeing Tonan walk in, the owner greeted him with a warm smile, "Welcome, young Uchiha, what do you need?"

"Hello, I want to buy books on ninjas, the more the better."

"I think you should go to the Ninja Academy. Our bookstore is not allowed to sell books on ninja techniques. We have several titles that ninjas need to pay attention to as well as books on spying, assassination, and so on. But these are not suitable for you."

"As long as it's a book on ninjas, I want them all," Tonan's objective this time was exactly these books.

The store owner stroked his chin and remarked with delight, "Want them all? Alright, it's a deal. But this is a no-return, no-refund purchase."

In the face of making a quick buck, the store owner ignored his conscience of selling inappropriate reading material to a young boy and fetched out several books, putting them into a bag.

"There are many good storybooks here as well. Do you want them?" Since he came across a rare foolish spendthrift, the owner wanted to milk the opportunity for all its worth.

"Are there any books on the Hokage?" Tonan calmly asked.

"There are. This is a book about Shodaime-sama, this one is on Nidaime-sama, and this is about Sandaime-sama. Also, Sandaime personally signed this book, 'Will of Fire'. Do you want a copy?"

"I want them all."

......

Tonan walked out of the bookstore hauling a large bag of books on his back.