Chapter 24: Killing Chiryo, Integrating Byakugan

At the ninja academy, Uchiha Mina arrived at Hyuga Chiryo's seat and opened the note she left behind. There, she found Chiryo's current location.

"Count your last moments Chiryo, I'm coming to get you!"

Mina crushed the note in her hands, a look of madness appearing on her face as she sped off towards the location. The moon was bright and the stars were sparse. A short amount of time had passed.

As if she'd fallen asleep, Chiryo lay in Tonan's arms, unwilling to get up.

As it was just about time, Tonan's right hand paused on her back. Then he put some distance between him and her, but his left arm remained around her thin waist. He looked into her eyes.

"Chiryo."

"Mm"

"I have to say, I admire you," Tonan said, as he moved his lips closer to hers. Both of them could feel their hot breath on each other.

"But your ambitions are too limited. You're not strong at all. Strong people don't cling to this so-called love. So, let me give you a gift."

After saying that, he slowly lowered his head. Ecstasy flashed past Chiryo's eyes as she slowly closed them. His left arm around Chiryo's waist suddenly tightened, pressing her soft body against his own while he rhythmically formed seals with his right hand.

A few moments later, their lips parted, but the two maintained a distance close enough where the tips of their noses were slightly touching. Tonan whispered in a deep and magnetic voice, "Enough. It's almost time. The Explosion Tags are already wet."

The sentence was like a rude alarm, waking Chiryo up with a start. Eyes open, she activated her Byakugan and thrust her delicate right palm on Tonan's chest.

Poof

Crackle

An arcing Lightning Needle pierced through the back of her head, penetrating through her entire skull and exiting between her brows. In the very next moment, the chakra on Chiryo's right hand faded away as it lay limply on Tonan's chest. All vitality vanished, she fell into Tonan's arms.

"You love me, so you want me to die with you? That's not love, but a perversion."

Tonan had activated his three tomoe Sharingan at some point. As the crimson eyes looked down at the corpse in his arms, he said with a pitying face.

"No matter what the reason, if you want me to die, then you leave me no choice but to kill you. With your radical ideas, I wouldn't feel safe if you stayed alive."

At this moment, Tonan felt a subtle warm current flow through his entire body.

'This chakra attribute... Water and Earth? Not bad. This is...'

In Tonan's vision, the meridians in Chiryo's body appeared. When he looked up, it was as if the scenery around him had changed color. It was not the same white color shown by an authentic Byakugan, but a unique red, similar to an infrared detector.

A 360-degree vision without any blind spots.

"The abilities of the Byakugan have integrated with the Sharingan? Chiryo, I didn't expect you to be such a treasure."

Tonan's face was filled with joy as he instinctively controlled the eyes. The Sharingan had now disappeared, and the veins around his eyes bulged, activating the Byakugan.

Aided with the system's power, Tonan could switch between the Sharingan and the Byakugan at will. He could also supplement the power of one dojutsu into the other.