Chapter 37: Entrapment, Raging Pillars Of Fire

Aided with the Sharingan's dynamic vision and the Byakugan's piercing vision, Uchiha Tonan, who was at a corner in the yard, could see dense chakra spots coming at him after Aburame Ryosuke used a secret technique.

When the chakra was just about to shoot into the soles of his feet, he began running along the courtyard walls, avoiding the insect tide. He also kept throwing kunai at Ryosuke.

Faced with the attacks, Ryosuke deftly jumped a few times and dodged them perfectly.

'Difficult little brat, it all ends here!'

Ryosuke felt confident as he silently made seals. To ambush Tonan, he made another insects horde lay in wait at the front, as the earlier continued the chase from behind. The insects waited quietly on the ground, covered under the house's shadow.

As long as Tonan ran a few steps forward, this group of insects would trap him in an encirclement along with the insects behind.

Stomp

Tonan stamped his foot on the ground.

Just now, Ryoichi had just finished his seals.

'Secret Technique – Insect Sphere.'

"Ah!"

Tonan saw the insects in front and shrieked. He was enveloped by the insects that pounced on him from all directions. Under Ryosuke's command, in just a few moments, the parasitic bugs frantically attacked Tonan's chakra and devoured it all.

Once it was all done, Ryosuke came closer to Tonan and the parasitic insects flew back into his body. Without a moment's delay, he wanted to knock Tonan out and take him to Root.

After all, a live capture would earn him higher points in the assessment, and a qualified tool must always try to complete its task perfectly.

Just as Ryosuke raised his hand, a violent warning came from the parasites that had returned to his body.

'No! Another genjutsu!'

Ryosuke unraveled the genjutsu again and saw a wooden sculpture instead of Tonan on the ground.

'Where is he?!'

Ryosuke calmly analyzed the situation, eyes constantly scanning his surroundings. But he found nothing. There was barely even any sound. Silently, a large shadow appeared on the ground, and in reflex, Ryosuke raised his head to look at the roof.

Tonan was standing where Ryosuke stood earlier with the cold moon behind him. Against the moonlight, his face was not clear, but the crimson Sharingan stood out in stark contrast.

Coo coo

Several dark bird-shaped figures landed on Tonan's shoulder, also revealing the red Sharingan.

"Make sure to follow the right person in your next life."

Tonan looked down at Ryosuke. Slightly raising his left hand, he swiftly made several seals with his right hand. The moment his left hand moved, a crisp light flashed across the courtyard.

'What's that?!'

Under his mask, Ryosuke's expression showed horror for the first time.

"Fire Style – Phoenix Sage Fire Technique!"

Boom

A fire snake slithered along with the chakra wire and speedily headed towards the courtyard. During the fight, Tonan had used fuma shuriken to spread chakra wires all over the courtyard. Ryosuke's current predicament was similar to an insect caught in a web, struggling to escape.