Chapter 04: Shifting Calamity To The East, Awakening Visual Power

Author's note
Chakra is a substance native to lifeforms on some planets; internal energy. Usually, the higher the chakra, the stronger the warrior.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Uchiha Teno returned home and shut himself in his bedroom. He opened the book Uchiha Tonan gifted him impatiently. The key points of the theory lessons were all in there, and they were all summarized.

Teno, who usually didn't listen to the theory classes, could easily understand these. He touched the rough page and muttered, "This book's paper quality is truly poor."

Flipping through the pages, he noticed two were stuck together. Teno licked his finger to moisten it and rubbed the pages apart to continue browsing through it.

On the other side, Tonan, who had also returned home, headed straight into the kitchen. He opened the lid of a pot that had a transparent liquid in it and turned on the cooking stove. As the pot heated up, the liquid gradually evaporated and Tonan looked at it with a wooden expression.

"In this weather, it should take about three days to evaporate naturally. But that's too long. It needs a slight nudge."

Tonan narrowed his eyes slightly, as he turned off the fire, and washed the pot several times before filling it up with water and putting it back on the stove. He opened the refrigerator to select from various vegetables and different kinds of edible weeds to pick out what would be his dinner tonight.

In the past few days, his food comprised only these vegetables and weeds.

......

Teno woke up the next day with an unbearable headache.

"Did I not get enough sleep? Could it be because I stayed up too late reading?"

After contemplating for a bit, he planned to continue sleeping. It didn't matter if he missed a day of class. In any case, there weren't many newer things for the graduates to learn.

In the evening, he dragged his tired body to the clan's northern training ground. Yesterday, he had promised that little imp to guide him in his training today. The Uchihas always abide by their promise.

"Cough, cough..." Teno sat on the meadow, looking around in confusion.

"That little imp hasn't come yet. Perhaps, the sensei dragged out the lesson."

On the other side, in the clan's northwest training ground, Uchiha Tetsugo had been training hard since noon.

Suddenly, he heard a movement behind him and immediately stopped to look back.

He saw Tonan standing there puzzled, and looking around as if he was lost.

"Little imp, why did you come here?" Tetsugo asked indifferently.

Tonan seemed to be frightened by his expression, and said weakly, "I'm looking for Teno-san."

"He's not here, get lost."

Tonan turned around to leave, but at the same time, he 'tsked' in a low voice.

Tetsugo heard it loud and clear and retorted, "Little imp, do you want to die?"

Tonan trembled and said in a quivering voice, "Why are you so aggressive? Since you cannot defeat Teno-san, are you targeting me to vent your anger?"

Tetsugo smiled, looked down at Tonan, and said, "Do you think I can't defeat him?"

"Teno-san has already told me that only your theory exams grades are high. In terms of actual strength, you are no match for him."