Chapter 33: Graduation Exam, New Acknowledgment

Author's Note:
Clan's territories or grounds will be referred to districts to differentiate from other similar spaces

Ninja headband is a forehead protector engraved with the village's symbol
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The next day, Uchiha Tonan, who had otherwise slept late due to bustling most of the night, woke up surprisingly early. After washing up, he changed into new clothes, took his ninja bag, and left for the Academy.

Today was the final exam and also graduation day. A large group of parents had gathered outside the Ninja Academy. When Tonan arrived, the parents began to discuss him in whispers.

"He is the Uchiha genius, Uchiha Tonan. My child says he and the other genius Hatake Kakashi have applied for early graduation."

"It looks like this kid may be in his second year."

"You are not very concerned about the children, are you? Tonan and Kakashi are just first-grade students."

"How come other families' children are so capable?"

"I heard that Tonan was very sad when his parents passed away and he awakened his Sharingan. Just thinking about it, I want to commit suicide drowning in the river to make my kid awaken his Sharingan."

"You know, it is a good thing for a family to live a normal and happy life."

"This kid looks refined and cultured. He doesn't look very powerful."

"Apparently, he was carrying a little girl's corpse on the streets a couple of days ago."

"That was him?! I heard that girl was his girlfriend."

"Children nowadays... how can they fall in love so early? This is not alright, I need to be stricter with my kid. At least, they should reach third grade before falling in love."

"You don't need to worry so much... isn't your kid a girl?"

At that moment, Tonan, whose path was blocked by the two idly chatting parents, politely said, "Excuse me, can you please let me through?"

"Yes, little fellow, go, go."

"Do your best."

"Thank you, uncles."

After Tonan entered the academy, one of the parents watching him distractedly stroked his chin and said, "Actually, if my girl could make this young kid fall in love with her, it wouldn't be so bad."

......

Tonan walked all the way to the examination center. He pushed opened the door and saw about fifty to sixty students seated inside. There was still time, and most of the students hadn't arrived yet.

Even the early-bird Kakashi hadn't arrived yet. Tonan smiled warmly and nodded at other students in the classroom. He took his place as per the exam proctor's seating arrangement.

About half an hour later, the other students came in one after another.

"Is that white-haired kid and the kid with the glasses the first-year students who applied for early graduation this year?"