Chapter 145: Digging Heart Out With Sneak Attack, Heavenly Snow

After a while, the white light dissipated, and Terachi was half-kneeling in front of the old woman. The Buddha image behind him had stretched out thousands of arms, protecting him, the old woman, and Naoko's corpse.

The motionless King Ming had become very illusory after suffering this bombardment. It looked like it would collapse and dissipate at any time.

Pop, pop, pop... The lightning around Tonan also dissipated, and his eyes recovered human characteristics.

"You are truly a kind eminent monk."

The voice had just fallen when....

Puchi~

Terachi felt a sharp pain in his chest. His eyes were wide open as he lowered his head in disbelief. He saw the old woman who had come back to life had transformed into Tonan. His hand had pierced his chest, grabbing his heart. Naoko's corpse also turned into a cloud of white smoke and disappeared.

Terachi muttered in disbelief, "Impossible, even if it's a... clone... I could have sensed the evil intention..."

Tonan didn't waste time explaining things to a dying man. He slowly dug out the heart as Terachi closed his eyes and fell to the ground. Without the support of the senjutsu energy, his body withered, and he looked like a thousand-year-old dried corpse lying in a coffin.

The four flicker clones that had activated the barrier dispersed, and the golden barrier also disappeared.

At this time, Tonan's real body walked over slowly from a distance and took the heart from the flicker clone's hand. He raised it in front of his eyes. Terachi's heart seemed to be still beating. A smile appeared on Tonan's face, which was pale because of the aftereffect of chakra depletion and the Spirit of the Thunder God.

Bang!

The heart was crushed ruthlessly. Then, he dispelled this flicker clone too. The dark clouds in the sky gradually dispersed, revealing a crack from where sunlight sprinkled, shining directly on Tonan.

Not even a blade of grass was left within the area covered by the earlier barrier, but outside its range, it was still overflowing with vigor.

Coo, coo~ Coo, coo~

Flocks of white pigeons flew over from all directions as if celebrating victory, as they pounced on the spoils of war. Without the barrier's obstruction, a cool autumn wind blew in, bringing along withered leaves.

Amid rustling autumn wind, leaves were swaying and fluttering aimlessly. After a long time, the black ferocious birds that had eaten their fill put on their pure white feather robes again and left chirping in satisfaction.

A dead leaf drifted along with the wind and floated down from above Tonan's head. He squinted his eyes and spread out his palm. But just when the leaf was about to touch it, he suddenly disappeared.

In fact, from the first day he came to the Fire Temple, Tonan was wary of Terachi. After all, the Fire Temple was a ninja temple, and every monk had extraordinary combat power. Tonan didn't believe such an old monk would be weak.

Besides, in the Buddhist tradition, the most powerful people were usually sweeper monks. Since Chigo had cultivated a mind eye, he wouldn't believe that this sweeper monk hadn't. Therefore, when Tonan walked out of the Fire Temple, he used Flicker Clone Technique, creating two clones.

Then, one flicker clone used Reconstruction Technique to transform into the old woman, and the other flicker clone transformed into Naoko. His main body cast hypnotic eye genjutsu on those two clones.

The hypnotic imprint was when one clone saw another clone, the spiritual fire would bloom in their hearts to disperse the darkness. After all, the minds of the clones with entities were not shared with the main body. They were similar to the independent living body to a certain degree.