Chapter 177: Nurturing Rations, A High-Leveled Spy

"You are..." The sturdy man eyed the man in front of him with vigilance. But the old man only smiled kindly and said with a look of admiration, "Young man, you have a kind heart. You are the right choice to be entrusted with the forbidden power. I'm leaving this place and I hope you can replace me to protect Konoha."

After throwing some mystifying words, the old man pointed at the sturdy man with his cane. A golden light shot out from it, hitting the man's chest. Feeling unbearable pain, the man immediately fell to the ground and rolled, wailing continuously.

"You are the chosen one. Just hold on a bit longer, I believe you'll succeed. Remember to not let others know you have the forbidden power, otherwise, their jealousy will be your death."

The sturdy man felt the entire world spinning in front of him, the severe pain making him want to bang his head to death.

Gradually, everything became dark and he felt weightless. The old man and the mist disappeared. It was as if he would reach hell in the next moment.

Bang... A heaven-shaking explosion happened in his mind and the man suddenly opened his eyes, jolting up on his bed in shock.

Taking a few heavy breaths, he wiped the sweat from his forehead. He then looked sideways at the window and saw the clear and peaceful moonlight outside. A gentle wind blew in, making him feel cold all over his body.

The man sighed in relief and shook his head, "Was just a dream..."

Suddenly, he frowned and jumped off the bed, slowly walking to the window. The window was open. The man clearly remembered he had shut it before he went to sleep.

'Did I forget to close the window?' The man frowned as he looked at the moon in the sky and fell into deep thought.

Just then, he seemed to have thought of something. He pulled open his night suit's collar and looked at his chest. He saw a golden-red mark glittering on it, emitting a warm current that gradually spread throughout his body.

"It was not a dream..." The man stared at the mark in a daze. He made the hand signs of the Clone Technique he was not accustomed to.

Bang... With a ball of white smoke, an identical clone appeared. The man was first dumbfounded and then wild with joy. At this moment, there was only one sentence in his mind.

"I'm chosen by the world."

Not long after, in the Uchiha district, Uchiha Tonan returned home before dawn. After his aptitude had improved, Enkuu no longer needed to soak in for the entire night. Seeing that Tonan was not present after he completed his practice, he voluntarily dispelled the Summoning Technique and returned to Mount Huaguo.

Tonan seized this time to rest. He went to the bedroom and lay down. Tonight, he had planted a cursed seal on six people who had acknowledged him. With the seal, their physiques would gradually assimilate to Tonan's physique.

Although assimilation had its limit, it could also change their aptitudes and allow them to become ninjas. As there was a certain risk in receiving a cursed seal, Tonan must guard and help them endure before leaving.

If not, once the person died, the cursed mark was likely to be exposed. Tonan took the opportunity to carry out this task in the dream, making them think they had a fortuitous encounter.

People were selfish and they would subconsciously be secretive about such encounters. This cursed seal was not of heaven or earth. With time, it would be hidden and not appear unless Tonan stimulated it.

Most of the Cultivation Path Cursed Seal's abilities were about control. The principle was very similar to that of the Cursed Tongue Eradication Seal. As long as Tonan wanted, he could kill these people at any time without anyone discovering anything.