Chapter 19: Catfight, Fragile Acts Exposed

After school, Hyuga Chiryo dashed home. After all, she was going out on a date with Tonan, she had to dress up. Uchiha Mina, meanwhile, went to the ramen shop, where this date was to take place and lay in wait. She was going to teach Chiryo a lesson.

In the blink of an eye, it was evening.

At Kakashi's home.

Tonan's three tomoe turned in his eyes. Suddenly leaping, he nimbly dodged a hand reaching out under his feet. He pretended to gasp on the surface as he looked at Kakashi who had emerged from the ground.

"Kakashi! Your Double Suicide Decapitation Technique is getting better. I almost couldn't dodge it."

Even though the two of them were sparring with the Hatake clan's sword techniques using wooden swords, as shinobi, nothing restricted them from using ninjutsu during these sessions.

Tonan humbly smiled, and continued, "Compared to you, I'm much worse. Other than the Sharingan, I have got nothing. Let's stop here today though. I've promised Chiryo I'd have dinner with her."

Kakashi nodded and walked Tonan out. After leaving the Hatake household, Tonan headed for the rendezvous point at the ramen shop. A few white pigeons, perched in the bushes not far away, took flight and began scouting the route for him.

There was hardly any danger in Konoha, much less during the day. But Tonan never had much sense of security. These white pigeons were therefore rarely idle.

Chiryo was walking along a shopping street with great anticipation. At home, she took a good bath before changing into a pair of new clothes.

Her pace was slow. This was a road that one had to take while walking from Kakashi's home to the ramen shop. She could run into Tonan here. As a girl, if she went to the ramen shop too early and waited alone, people might gossip about her.

'The best way is to enter the shop together with Tonan-kun.'

These were her thoughts. However, just as she reached the street's corner, a thin hand emerged beside her and pulled the confused Chiryo into the alley.

Thud.

Caught off guard, Chiryo lost her balance and fell to the ground. Her new clothes were soiled. While she turned an annoyed gaze at her approacher, a kunai was pointed at her neck. When she finally saw her attacker, it was Mina.

"What're you doing?!" Chiryo furiously asked her.

"Stay away from Tonan-kun."

Chiryo was about to snap at her when she thought of something.

'Tonan-kun should be arriving here. He might pass by this alley any second.'

Then...

In the next instant, Chiryo put away her anger and meekly said.

"How can you do this? We're classmates!"

"Put that disgusting look away. Only Tonan-kun is pure enough to be deceived by this. A mere Hyuga bitch like you thinks you can seduce an Uchiha genius? Who gave you that confidence? Why don't you take a good look at yourself?"

"You are going too far!"

"You really think I won't dare to kill you?" Mina pressed the kunai in her hand, just a little more pressure would pierce Chiryo's skin. A white pigeon just happened to fly overhead right then.

By this time, Tonan had arrived at the street's corner. He stopped in place. Through the shared vision with the white pigeon, he could see everything happening inside the alley. Were his two rations getting jealous of each other?