Chapter 11: Soaring Strength, A Spy's Infiltration

Author's Note:
The tantō is a short sword, designed primarily as a stabbing weapon, but the edge can be used for slashing as well.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A few days later.

Late at night, silence reigns supreme. Uchiha Tonan sat under the eaves, maintaining a steady tempo in forming hand signs. His pace was neither fast nor slow, and his eyes were closed as he devoted all his attention to sense the chakra flow.

Finally, he completed making the last hand sign. He looked at his right hand and spread open the five fingers.

Crackle, crackle, crackle

Electric sparks appeared on his fingertips as if sharp needles had sprouted from the fingernails.

"Is this chakra transformation? It's a pity these lightning needles can't be used as projectile weapons," Tonan muttered and stopped the technique.

Lightning Style – Lightning Needle didn't have many hand signs. As long as his spiritual power increased a little, and he became familiar with the chakra flow, he could use it without making any signs.

This move was a good choice to trap people. While talking and laughing with his prey, he could inadvertently poke them with the lightning needle.

Since lightning-attributed chakra could numb the body, the prey wouldn't immediately feel the pain, and hence wouldn't scream. Before one could react, coupled with Lightning Style – Ground Travel, the opponent would be completely paralyzed.

That's not bad at all.

Tonan had grasped several ninjutsu techniques by now. Fire style consisted of Great Fireball Technique, Phoenix Sage Fire Technique, and Phoenix Sage Nail Crimson Technique.

Lightning style comprised Ground Travel and Lightning Needle. And genjutsu included Hell Viewing Technique and Mirror Heaven and Earth Change. There was also hypnosis that came along with the Sharingan.

As for his chakra, the amount was comparable to a special jonin, but the concrete level of the spiritual power was unknown. Despite this, his current strength gave him a sense of security.

In the past few days, Tonan had also trained a few more pigeons. The ninja beasts were high maintenance, mainly because their special feed was expensive.

Tonan was a very insecure person. He placed great importance on the lookout ninja beasts, and therefore, he bought their efficiency and loyalty with the most expensive feed.

Even though the ninja beast like the white pigeon didn't eat much, the living expenses left by his parents were used up completely. If it weren't for Sarutobi Hiruzen often delivering food to him, perhaps, Tonan could only go to the forest to hunt wild beasts to fill his stomach.

He wondered when his parents' death compensation would arrive. Tonan looked up at the sky, got up, and went back to his room to rest.

Just when he had entered the bedroom and prepared to turn off the lights though, he suddenly paused and the three tomoe appeared in his eyes.

'I hope the person didn't come for me.'

Tonan left the lights on, picked up his 'Will of Fire' summary, and began reading out loud.

Meanwhile, in the forest outside the Uchiha clan.

A Konoha ninja wearing a standard chunin uniform pushed aside a thick clump of grass and stealthily raised his head.