Chapter 51: S-Ranked Bounty Mission, Spotting Kakazu

Author's Note:
The Land of Rice Fields was the first name of the Land of Sound, a neighboring country of the Land of Fire and relatively new in the political scene.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The Konoha ninjas settled in the Fire Temple and far from them, in the Underground Bounty Station of the Land of Rice Fields, Kakazu, a rogue ninja was collecting the pay after completing a bounty mission. Right now, he was busy counting the bills in front of a cashier.

For him, listening to the crisp banknotes was a melodious sound but the moment of delight did not affect his sharp eyes. Amid the counting, his movement paused. He took out a note from the bundle and instructed the staff member next to him, "This is a bit old, change it."

"Yes, Kakazu-sama." The staff member hastily replaced it with a new note.

At this moment, the person in charge of this bounty station came out from behind and cautiously whispered to Kakazu, "Kakazu-sama, a piece of news just came in... an S-ranked mission has been issued."

Kakazu's eyes sparkled with excitement. An S-ranked mission meant a big score. He asked, "How much?"

"15 million Ryo."

Putting his money into a suitcase, Kakazu shut it carefully and said, "Give me the mission."

The person in charge looked to be in a dilemma. He replied in a low voice, "This is a top-secret mission. If you see it, you have no choice but to accept it. Moreover, the employer has specific demands, one of which being each bounty station can only assign one person to take the mission."

Kakazu waved his hand and said, "I'll take it. You know my strength, I'll be able to handle it."

The person in charge nodded and took out a mission sheet. He handed it over to Kakazu along with the relevant details. "The assassination target is Fire Temple's Master Chigo. The employer has a time requirement as well. The target must be assassinated only when he is leaving the Hot Water Temple. Most importantly, you must not let him enter the Land of Fire."

The information confused Kakazu and he re-checked, "Is it just killing a monk?"

The person in charge nodded and said, "Yes, the monk himself must not be difficult to handle, but there's a possibility there will be ninjas protecting him."

After getting the confirmation, Kakazu took the mission sheet with satisfaction.

"15 million is enough. It just so happens there are two small fries in the Land of Hot Water as well. I can take care of them together on the way."

......

Five days later, Namikaze Minato and his party arrived at the Rose Street of Hot Water Temple with Chigo. They hadn't faced any obstacles making the journey smooth. The temple was built on the top of a hill not far from Rose Street.

At this moment, the street was bustling with different activities. Buddhist believers came from various regions to watch the debate. Seeing Chigo, they kowtowed on both sides of the street, their faces filled with devotion.

This place was Land of Hot Water's inner region, making it practically a danger-free zone. Therefore, Minato let Chigo walk upfront and walked behind along with Uchiha Tonan and Hatake Kakashi.

Every few steps, Chigo would stop and return the believers' greetings. Only after they arrived at the foot of the Hot Water Temple's hill, they were able to shake off the fanatical followers.