Chapter 41 : Long Awaited Answers ( Part II )

Previously...

"They could be your memories from your past self." Ranpo said in a serious tone.

William let out a surprised gasp.

"My... Past self..." He uttered lowly.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Third Person's P. O. V :

William didn't say a word after what Ranpo said. Ranpo just watched the boy as he slowly lowered his head in speechlessness. Honestly, Ranpo doesn't believe in past lives but, from the way William described his dreams in such well specific details meant that he truly remembered them but they were rather unclear to him so he couldn't understand them well. Ranpo sighed deeply then, looked at the boy who was slowly raising his head.

"Ranpo - san..." He said in a low tone.

"En?" Ranpo urged the boy to continue.

"Can I... Somehow...." William hesitatedly aksed, "Get my memories... Back?" He then whipped his head towards Ranpo's direction.

Ranpo looked at the determined look on the boy as well as desparation to know the truth about himself. Ranpo smiled a little and nodded.

"There is a way." He said.

"What is it?" William asked immediately.

"Hypnotism." Ranpo answered.

William nodded his head. Ranpo stood up and went to his desk and opened a drawer and pulled out a pocket watch. He then walked back to the couch he was sitting on that was opposite to William's. He then asked the boy to lay down and he obediently did so. William lay on his back, hands on his chest and his legs were lay flat on the couch. Ranpo slowly got up and sat on the space next to William.

"Ready?" Ranpo asked the boy even though he already knew the answer.

"I'm ready." William said without a second thought.

"Okay... Here's goes.." Ranpo said as he started to sway the pocket watch from side to side.

William's eyes were slowly starting to lose conciousness as the watch kept swaying from side to side.

"Once I snap my fingers. You will close your eyes." After saying that, Ranpo snapped his fingers and William slowly closed his eyes.

( A / N 📝 : I just want to say that I watched a Korean Drama Series called "The Legend of the Blue Sea", it's about a mermaid falling for a human man, if you know it? If not, it's okay. Anyways... I got the idea from one of the episodes there. So yeah, that's all!! On with the story. )

"Now, try to remember the first dream you ever had. Go deeper into it to find more clues." Ranpo instructed.

William did as he was told and dived into his dreams.

- William's Dreams -

William opened his eyes and saw that he was in an old shabby ran down home and the bed he was laying on was almost broken and he also noticed someone next to him, it seemed to be a small boy with blonde hair, William also noticed that he was a child, the house was very small, a few feet away from the bed was an old wooden table that had two chairs facing one another on each end, and stuck to the wall was what appeared to be the "kitchen", it was just a small sink and a fire place with a medium sized pot inside of it, then an almost broken down door with two open windows next to it.

Where am I? William wondered to himself. Then he heard some moving next to him. The little seemed to be waking up now, he rubbed his eyes and William was shocked beyond words when he saw what the boy looked like... He had pale red likes... Pale white skin... Pale blonde hair... He looked exactly like... Louis.... William just stared at the boy who was also looking at him...