Chapter 52 : Sinking Into Darkness

Third Person's P. O. V :

It's been a month now and the atmosphere inside the Moriarty Manor was heavy. The reason is because of the second young master of the house, William James Moriarty, who has been losing a lot of sleep lately and has gradually lost weight, everyone could see the huge black spots under his eyes and his waist is becoming thinner and the air around him was completely giving off a gloomy and depressed aura and he hasn't been really smiling lately.

Everyone in the family is deeply worried about him and tried to make him happy or to simply open up to them about what's bothering him lately that made him act like this. However, no matter what they did, William continued to act all sad and depressed. His parents, siblings and Sherlock were the ones who most desparate to make him happy again but, no matter how many times they tried, William didn't even showed them a small smile. It's as if the boy was slowly becoming a robot, losing all of his emotions and becoming lifeless.

"Hey, Liam... I just saw this upcoming chess contest the local government issued for all ages, it'll be held next month, sounds fun right? Wanna join?" Sherlock happily said towards William who was in a daze until he heard what the other said.

William was currently in his room, sitting by the window, looking at the sky completely lost in thought, he hasn't left his room for two hours now, he even skipped breakfast, making his family even more worried about him. When Sherlock heard of this, he brought him food to eat and luckily, he heard there was an upcoming chess contest next month, thinking this cheer up the boy, he immediately brought a trolley with William's new cooked breakfast that Jack made for the boy and the good news he along with him to William's room. However, it seems not even that moved the boy because even though he heard what Sherlock said, the expression on his face was blank.

"That's nice, Sherlock. However, I'm not really in the mood so, you can join instead." William said in a low and sorrowful tone while, still looking outside his window.

"Liam..." Sherlock said in a sad helpless tone.

From the start, Sherlock has not left William's side even though the boy has been pushing him away lately and was avoiding him, he still didn't leave him because he did not William to go through whatever he was going through right now all by himself. He was already alone facing all of his guilt in their past life without a shoulder to lean on, he won't let him go through it again all by himself. He may not look like it but, William needed someone by his side and not shouldering it all alone in the dark.

Sherlock slowly smiled filled with sadness as he approached the boy and sat next to him, facing the other, William slowly turned his head towards the boy and it broke Sherlock's heart upon seeing how sorrowful William's eyes were and it was obvious the boy was crying, seeing how red and puffy his eyes were. Sherlock was truly heartbroken upon seeing this but, he still smiled at William softly.

"Say... Wanna go out for awhile? You know, to catch some sunlight?" Sherlock asked the boy in a soft tone with a small smile on his face.

William didn't say anything as he gazed outside of his window again, completely losing touch with reality as he got lost in his thoughts. Sherlock sighed heavily feeling even more heartbroken, however, he still didn't left the boy's side and just silently sat next to him then, he remembered that he brought William some food and luckily it was still warm so he got up from his sitting position and brought the trolley over to feed William in case the other didn't wish to eat himself so Sherlock decided that he'll just force the other to eat like what he has been doing for the past few days.

"Liam... I know you want to be left alone right now but... I just can't leave you be... Especially since you haven't eaten yet... If you promise to eat this, I'll leave you alone for awhile..." Sherlock said in a low gentle tone.