✧1✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung Lee

"Lee Jiyoung!" A voice called from somewhere in our single floor apartment.

I yawned and slowly rolled out of my bed, dragging my body through my doorway and along the corridor in search of the noise. It was only as I reached the threshold of the living that I wondered how someone had got into my apartment. That voice was definitely not the feminine tone of my housemate. I continued through the living room, running a hand through my hair, in an attempt to make myself more presentable for the potential thief/murderer.

Thank god it wasn't a murderer, instead there was an even more puzzling sight set before me.

My uncle stood there making breakfast, talking to the co-owner of this apartment, Sofia, who was chatting amicably with him, despite the fact that they had never met each other before.

Worse still, was his attire. He was clearly dressed up in his usual dark suit and tie, with his hair styled and gelled in a very business appropriate manner, but had my pink flowery apron tied over it, and a pink spatula in his hand.

It was a fashion statement not even a Givenchy model could pull off.

"W-what?" I murmured. "What's going on?" I rubbed my eyes, just to make sure it was really happening and not a figment of my imagination. Unfortunately, even after rubbing my eyes, his presence remained.

I was not dreaming.

"Morning Jiyoung. Sleep well?" My uncle, Lee Hajun asked with a smile, as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening. I scoffed internally at his airy disposition.

"Um... yeah?" I replied hesitantly, still having no clue what was going on. "Why are you here Hajun?" I asked him. The whole situation was very, very suspicious, he had never been one to visit my place, ever.

In fact, I hadn't realised he knew my address.

My uncle was the successful owner of an international chain of hotels - the Stella, and I only usually saw him at Christmas and Easter, when our family gathered at one of his fancy 5-star hotels. I also spent most of my summers doing placements in his hotels, for a beautiful pay, but very minimal interactions with him.

Another thought clicked in my mind, in order for him to get in, either he had broken in or was let in. I was betting my money on the latter rather than the former, "Why did you let him in Sofia?" I narrowed my eyes at the guilty culprit and fixed my glare at her, hoping to intimidate her, even a little.

She smiled at me like the little angel - devil- she is, clearly unbothered by my methods of interrogation. "Hey, if the Lee Hajun appears at my door, who am I to turn him away?"

I groaned at her words. "You don't even know him!" I exclaimed, exasperated. Of course, she would let in some random dude claiming to be my uncle.

"What are you doing here uncle?" I rephrased my question, directing it at him instead, hoping to get some proper answers this time, since they - Sofia and my uncle - were being purposefully mysterious.

"Ah yes," he smiled, as if he had the winning EuroMillions ticket in his pocket, "I have a favour to ask of you." He pulled something out of his pocket. It was larger than a lottery ticket.

I nodded, letting him know I was intrigued by his proposal. I was slowly starting to wake up, and slowly starting to comprehend the situation with a little more clarity than before.

"Instead of simply working for me this summer, I want you to join me on my new project. A reality show filming." He stated, very proud of himself, a cat with a dead bird in its jaws.