✧3✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung Lee

Day two of hot sunny paradise greeted me very harshly with an alarm I had completely forgotten about.

I pressed the snooze button hastily and with minimal precision before slowly sitting up and blinking at my surroundings.

The room was in the same state as I had left it yesterday. Yesterday's clothes were sprawled lazily across the chair I had done my work in. My suitcase was flung open after last night's search for a pair of pyjamas. The contents of my handbag were littered across the desk, amongst random sheets of paper. It looked almost as messy as my bedroom back home did.

I stretched and got out of bed as I yawned widely, starting to feel the after-effects of my late night/early morning call with Sofia.

I pushed my very useless see-through curtains to one side and opened the window to inhale the morning air. It was unexpectedly crisp for 8am in summer, but it certainly woke me up. I rubbed my tired eyes again and headed to the bathroom where I began to prepare for a second busy day.

After a touch of makeup to hide the bags under my eyes, I considered myself ready for breakfast.

My uncle had already sent a message to let me know he would be waiting for me in the restaurant downstairs to brief me on today's happenings.

I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and layered a blue checked shirt over short sleeved t-shirt. Grabbing my phone and key card, I quickly exited my room and started to search for the food. Thankfully I only knew my way around the hotel pretty well, having been here last year. Generally all hotels seemed to have the same layout, so it was a relatively straight forward journey to the restaurant.

Entering the lobby, I passed by a variety of people in the red carpeted and high ceiling-ed atrium, from small hungry children dragging their parents with a childlike excitement, to an old couple returning to their room having already eaten their breakfast.

I gave a nod to the security guard at the front desk who I was familiar with from my stay here last year. "Morning, Jiyoung." He smiled, "Boss is in the restaurant on the left. He's expecting you."

"Thanks, Leo." I smiled at the hotel staffs' habit of calling my uncle Boss.

Upon arriving at the breakfast place, I instantly spotted my uncle sitting by a huge window with a cup of coffee seated in front of him. I hurried over to him before sitting down opposite him.

The waiters and waitresses all seemed to recognise him as they greeted him especially brightly and busied themselves, in an attempt to look important. He stood out pretty clearly in his pressed suit, appearing very awake amongst the early morning tourists.

I was certain that service here was not always this quick, but when your CEO turns up, there are certain measures that are put in place, including being extra fast on service.

I was grateful for the lack of wait, since I was so hungry.

I mustered up all my sunshine energy, before saying, "Buenos dias"

"My little Jiji, you're practically Spanish already." he chuckled warmly at me. "I ordered some tea for you, since I know you aren't a coffee person. It should be arriving shortly."

I was touched by his memory and smiled before picking up the folder he had placed on the table. He was a very efficient person, able to simultaneously complete three tasks at once.

"I need you go through the members requests and sort them from reasonable to barking mad and then email my secretary, Leila, the list. Her email is on page two, alongside the rest of the staff details. We also need to review the rooming, which Manager Kim should be sending over any time soon, as well as devise a timetable of activities for them to do based on the ones in this folder.