✧32✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

I continued down the stairs for a couple of flights before realising I literally had about six flights to go down before I reached the first floor. Sighing at my own stupidity, I made for the nearest exit and found myself back in a lift lobby. I pressed the button to call for the lift, and when it finally arrived, I hopped in and smiled politely at the lady already inside.

On the first floor I followed the sign with private event printed on it, and further along the corridor I was met by who I assumed to be a security guard. I showed him my lanyard with my staff identity on, and he waved me along to double doors, propped open by a chair.

There appeared to be more people than the room could hold, all focused on tasks, except for the members who were scattered about variously, all looking vaguely confused.

Once inside, I searched for Mrs Lee to let her know I had decided to tag along for the filming, and upon finding her amongst the members milling about and the staff frenzied amongst them, she sent me to check with Manager Yu on the members whereabouts.

I spotted Hyuck and Chenle annoying Taeyong at one table and winked at him very obnoxiously when he noticed me. His returning wink was much more subtle. I noted Mark at another table, but he was too busy to see me or feel my laser stare into the side of his head.

Manager Yu breezed past me, and I quickly grabbed her attention before I could lose her. "Manager Yu."

She whirled around at a surprising speed, "Oh, hi Jiyoung, can I help you?"

"Mrs Lee sent me to check on the last couple of members' whereabouts." I explained, having realised that we were definitely short a few members.

She sighed, "Gosh, who are we missing?" She glanced around the room, counting the visible members. "Jungwoo, Sungchan, Yangyang and Ten? God, these boys are such trouble. How many times did I tell them to be here by six? Not enough times apparently." She rambled, making me smile. "Don't worry, I'll chase them up. Tell Mrs Lee to start the camera checks while they're coming."

I nodded and hurried back to Mrs Lee to relay the message, after watching Manager Yu melt back into the business of people, furiously dialling a number on her phone.

Eventually, the missing boys entered the room sheepishly, receiving brief but angry words from Manager Yu, and they were directed to their seats.

I giggled from behind the camera's eyeline as their demure expressions instantly vanished when they joined the others at the tables and immersed themselves in the multiple conversations.

Once Mrs Lee was satisfied that everyone was present, she stood up on a chair – which by now had become her signature 'the filming is starting' stance – and announced that the cameras were now turning on.

Since the boys were eating, the staff were also allocated some tables at the sides to have their dinners which I thought was nice of the producers to arrange. The way it had been set up meant that the staff could keep an eye on their assigned members to ensure they weren't being troublesome.

Mrs Lee directed me to a table on the left hand side, where I was facing most of the members, and I found it entertaining to observe them even if their light-hearted conversations were slightly scripted. Somehow, they were able to make it natural and genuine, a skill of their which I admired.

Beside me on the table were a few people I only knew by face, and a few people I actually knew quite well. Including Minwoo, who gave me absolute shit for the circumstances of our earlier encounter.