✧11✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

I stared up at my phone, firmly avoiding socials, but scrolling through Pinterest. Thankfully no one was really interested in my random and miscellaneous boards.

Hajun burst into the room, surprising me enough to make my phone slip out of my hands, very narrowly avoiding my face. I supposed he had a habit of bursting into people's rooms (or apartments) regardless of privacy.

"Jiyoung." He sighed, "You should be taking a rest."

I opened my mouth to defend myself, but once again he continued like a tsunami, ploughing on.

"I want you to take the day off. Clearly this is a lot for you, though I didn't expect it to take this route. I suppose Mark was bound to introduce you to the others, can't fault that kid for being nice."

At this point I only nodded along, unsure as to whether he was speaking to me or himself.

"I've spoken to my brother about his troublesome son already. You parents are also very worried Jiyoung. I'm not sure whether I was right in putting all this responsibility on your shoulders. It's only the third day and look at you Jiyoung. I'm not sure I want you to continue."

I wondered whether uncle Minjun had a go at Mark, if so, I pitied him. I sat up in horror at his words. "Hajun, you can't blame yourself, I'm an adult-"

"Only just." He cut in.

"I'm responsible for myself. There's a filming this evening that I was scheduled for, right? I'll be prepared for that. I promise." I pleaded; I didn't want to be sent home because they thought I couldn't deal with this. It was the opportunity of a lifetime, and I wasn't about to let it slip through my fingers.

"Jiyoung. I don't want to send you home. I know you want to see Mark and do your job. But I swear, one more thing happens to you, and you will be on the first flight home. You can't destroy yourself over a job. Mark will understand. Consider this, I want you to take the whole day off. I have someone to cover you for today, don't expend yourself since you'll be working twice as hard tomorrow. I'm saying this as your uncle, Jiyoung, not just as your boss."

"Okay." I agreed. It wasn't an ideal situation, especially since I knew he would be keeping a closer eye on me now.

"I'm glad we're in agreement." He began opening the door, before he stopped as if he had remembered something. "Oh, and Jiyoung..."

"What is it?" I said alert again.

"As your boss, I want you to remember that even the staff balcony has cameras. I know everything that goes on in my hotels, Jiyoung. They are idols - your clients - not your therapists or summer flings. Mark is the only exception. You understand me?"

The nerves in my chest prevented me from giving a verbal reply. Not that I needed to. The door slammed shut a few seconds after his words, leaving me to think about what he had said. He had seen every second of the time I had spent with Donghyuck. I was not sure whether to feel angered or mortified.

I settled for both.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

Nina came to visit me multiple times during the day bringing news and messages from the boys, all of whom had seen Mark and Yuta's slip up on vlive or had at least heard about it. She assured me that both of them felt really guilty, especially Yuta, who had been asking about me on a few separate occasions.