✧ 40 ✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

I opened my mouth to question anything and everything.

She ploughed on, knowing all the questions spilling to the forefront of my thoughts.

"I just wanted to let you know. You are fine to hang out with Donghyuck, it's absolutely fine. I just need at least half an hour worth of film from that time. Whether that's him filming himself or that's you filming him and with some of the others or alone, I don't really care. We just need some content from him. Maybe bring Mark. The fans love their dynamic."

"Right." I murmured, taken aback by the heap of information.

"And even more off the radar," I didn't like the sound of where this conversation was headed or the casual way which she approached it, "I know you and Donghyuck and Mark have said that there's nothing official, so I won't bother you guys about it. The company won't need to know anything, and you won't have to sign anything. But the moment it does become something of definition, I want to trust that Donghyuck will come to the company. Because believe it or not, you will need some protection and we will support you and make things easier for Donghyuck, okay."

"Yeah, of course. I promise."

She patted my shoulder fondly. "You have a bright future, Jiyoung, and Donghyuck could do much much worse. Keep your head and your heart separated and I'm positive you'll be fine, yeah?"

And she walked back inside, leaving me outside away from everyone else, reeling from her words and the maternal tone she had delivered them with.

God, what was it with people giving me advice all the time. All the thinly veiled warnings scattered in goodwill and vanilla sprinkles.

It was nice and all to have so many people looking out for me, but I just wanted to be independent for once. It was just a bit too much. Fuck.

Throughout Manager Yu's advice, a small sort of panicky feeling had started to rise from the uncomfortable pit of my stomach. And now- It had manifested itself, clear and present, seeking attention.

This is bad. I thought, looking at my phone and opening up the minute old message.

Hyuckie🥰

Where did you go?

Me

Sorry, I had to talk to Manager Yu

Hyuckie🥰

Everything okay?

Me

Yep, she asked me for a favour
I'll back after the seafood filming

Hyuckie🥰

Okayy
I'll see you then
😘

I then moved on to the next person I need to contact.

She picked up on the second ring.

"Ji, it's like 7am, what."

"I'm so sorry, but can you distract me." I asked, voice not fully stable.

"Of course." Her tone considerably softened, as she immediately understood me. "Let me just move away from Jacob."

I heard shuffling on her end, and then remembered that she had arrived in New York yesterday evening.