𝟒𝟏

Draco Malfoy | April 1996

Draco's blood ran cold.

He hit Kaimana.

He fucking hit Kaimana.

Hell, he almost fucking killed her.

No, no, no. He didn't.

He knew he didn't hit her. He didn't even remember that part of their drunken hookup. He just woke up in bed alone.

He only realized he stopped walking when Kaimana was standing in front of him. "Are you okay?" she murmured, brows frowned, and she was hugging herself.

Draco blinked at her. "Am I okay?" He sounded incredulous. "Clover, I'm so fucking sorry—"

"Stop." She held up a hand, which made him stop. "You didn't do anything, Malfoy," she said softly. "It wasn't you who did that to me. Well, it was you physically, but it wasn't you. You know what I mean?"

"No, not really." He shook his head, wide-eyed.

"Which leads me to my theory." She was acting so calm and casual. But maybe because this happened to her almost two years ago and she was coping with it and she was already familiar with the whole situation and what happened to her. "Drugged."

He blinked again. "Drugged?"

She nodded vigorously. "Because—"

"Clover."

"Let me—"

"Stop."

"No, I—"

"Hush, please."

"Stalker—"

"Stop moving your mouth."

"I'm talk—"

"Shut up for a second," he cut her off, brows creased in perplexion. "Let me talk, okay?"

Her brows frowned deeper, but she nodded. "Don't tell me to shut up, you git. But okay. You can talk."

"I'm so sorry for what happened to you." He held up a finger when her lips parted to speak. She fell silent. "I'm so sorry that I scared you and that I did those things to you. I—" He paused, speechless because he didn't do it, but he felt so guilty. "I don't even know what to say except I'm sorry. Even sorry doesn't cut it."

"You have nothing to be—"

"I don't give a flying fuck if I didn't do it. Because in a way, I did. So accept my apology or don't accept it if you hate me because I understand if you don't want to accept it after what you just told me." His expression darkened as his features grew sharp.

Her face softened. "Apology accepted, stalker," she said gently, and the corner of her lip twitched up into a small smile. "But you—" He put a hand over her mouth to shut her up since using his own mouth would be too forward and he wasn't trying to scare her or make her uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry," he said again, his other hand sliding around her waist to pull her closer to him. "I'm sorry I scared you, and I'm so sorry that I hurt you."

She closed her fingers around his wrist to take his hand off her mouth. "If you cut me off one more time, I will knee you in your big groin, Malfoy." She looked annoyed.

Draco fell silent, but didn't show his bubbly feeling when she didn't move from his hold.

She nodded at his silence and then held his gaze. "You did not do anything to me. If I'm being honest, you made me feel excitement and free when we had sex because during my relationship with Zander, I felt trapped and scared and like I was suffocating," she murmured. "You were sweet with me and gentle and considerate, which was something I was unfamiliar with since Zander was everything but that. You did not hurt me. It wasn't you."