𝟖𝟎

Kaimana Valencia | February 1997

"Did Harry tell you what he's figured out yet?" Kaimana curiously asked Meleah. "I'm sure he, Hermione, and Ron are trying to figure out how to save the day."

"I have no idea," Meleah said honestly with a heavy exhale. "But I don't think they'll get much because the Daily Prophet has been kind of bland on the Voldemort situation. It just keeps reporting that the Death Eater number is growing, but no one knows where Voldemort actually is. Does Malfoy know?"

Kaimana shook her head. "Draco gets letters from his mother, and she only tells him that Voldemort is recruiting more Death Eaters." She lowered her voice.

They were in the common room, studying for OWLs. The days passing were all pretty much the same. The only thing different was that as days went by, people were getting more anxious and scared.

Voldemort made appearances in the Daily Prophet, but not a single word about what he was up to or where he was.

Only if everyone knew what Kaimana and her mates and Draco knew. They didn't tell people because they themselves were trying to figure out a way to save the day, as lame as it sounded.

Quinn had apologized for exploding at Kaimana, and she forgave him because it did all sound really barmy.

The Golden Trio were constantly being discreet and secretive with a bunch of other people, trying to put the very little pieces they had knowledge of together to try and kill Voldemort and figure out why he was back.

Kaimana knew that one thing for sure was that no one would ever guess that she was the reason Voldemort came back. Until he came out to execute his plan, that remained secret.

But for now, they would all be ordinary and focus on OWLs.

♧︎

"This is awkward." Jaxon broke the pregnant silence.

Everyone exchanged glances, murmuring their agreements.

"Well, you guys are making it awkward," Kaimana said and entwined her fingers over the surface of the table.

This was the first time they all agreed to gather in the Room of Requirements, which offered them an empty room and a large circular table. Kaimana, her mates, and Draco were all at the table, and the silence that was held was heavy.

"Dada, Iyah eepy," Zaiyah mumbled, snuggling into Draco since he was holding her.

He kissed her head. "Go to sleep, mon amour," he murmured, and held her in his arms for her to sleep.

Kaimana was sitting next to Draco with Meleah on her other side. Meleah had Cardin on her other side, and he had Flynn on his other side. Flynn had Quinn next to him, and Quinn had Aisling next to him. She had Kehlani next to her, and Kehlani had Jaxon next to her. Jaxon had Elijah next to her, who was sitting next to Draco.

"Okay..." Kaimana said tentatively, and sat taller in her seat. "I think the first thing we need to do is get on the same page. Maybe discuss what our first plan will be when Voldemort decides to make his move, if you want to call it that."

"You silenced the room, right, Kai?" Cardin arched his brow.

She nodded. "Of course," she said solemnly. "Actually, I should probably mention that I picked four of you out in my head to take Zaiyah and flee."

"Flee?" almost everyone in the room uttered in unison, the same tones of bemusement.

"Yes. Flee," Kaimana said, clearing her throat. "When Voldemort makes his move, I want Zaiyah to be gone—away from all of this."