𝟔𝟒

Kaimana Valencia | June 1996

"Wait, the party?" Kaimana asked confusedly as she did her tie.

"The party's tonight." Elijah came out of the bathroom with Zaiyah in his arms from helping her brush her teeth. "You're staying in, I assume?"

"Yeah." Kaimana nodded as she packed her books in her bag. "Me and Zaiyah will be reading books all night. And maybe play hide and seek."

"I an eek!" Zaiyah beamed, and attempted to climb into the double bed.

Elijah picked her up and put her on the bed. "Will you ladies be okay if the rest of us go to the party?" he asked sweetly.

"Lija, please, enjoy the party," Kaimana insisted with an assuring smile. "Don't worry about us. Right, Zai?"

"Iyah ood," Zaiyah said, nodding furiously.

"See? Zaiyah's good." Kaimana laughed and picked her daughter up.

Elijah was chuckling through a grin. "Alright then. Shall we?" He opened the door since they were all ready to leave.

Zaiyah clapped and giggled as they walked out of the dorm and down to the common room. They left the common room and went to the Great Hall.

Kaimana put Zaiyah down once they reached the bottom of the moving stairs, so she could walk herself. She held her mum's hand as they walked, all conversing together.

It was the last day of classes and Kaimana actually had an exam today for one of her classes. She was excited to be going home and to take a break from classes, so she could focus on Zaiyah.

But what she wasn't excited for was not being able to see Draco for two months. Zaiyah wouldn't see him and neither would Kaimana.

"Mama, bre— brekesth," Zaiyah said, tapping her mum's leg. She had been practicing her pronunciation and almost every word she said came out differently each time.

"Mama will get you breakfast." Kaimana chuckled as they walked to the Gryffindor table after saying bye to Elijah.

After breakfast, Kaimana dropped Zaiyah off at Cardin's dorm before she had to go to class. She made her way to her first class, which was Potions with the Slytherins.

"Hey," Kaimana greeted as she sat next to Theodore, putting her bag on the floor.

"Can you believe we're still learning shit?" He scoffed in bafflement. "It's the last day before summer holiday, and we're learning more stuff."

"Life's not fair, I know." She took out her textbook and put one leg over the other. "But classes will go by fast. Watch."

Theodore muttered something she couldn't hear and she lifted her eyes. She saw Draco sitting at his assigned seat, but he wasn't looking at her.

He seemed nervous; shoulders tense, bouncing leg, fidgeting with his rose ring, head hung low.

Kaimana frowned in concern as she looked down, wondering what was wrong.

♧︎

"Hi, baby." Kaimana picked up Zaiyah, who raced to her. She kissed her head affectionately. "Were you good for Tito Jax?"

"Iyah ood or Ito Ax," Zaiyah said, nodding vigorously.

Kaimana shifted her gaze to Jaxon for confirmation.

"She was an angel." He smiled lazily and packed her baby bag. "She slept for most of the time."

"Thanks again, Jax," Kaimana said earnestly as he handed her the baby bag. "I appreciate everything."