𝟓𝟐

Draco Malfoy | May 1996

"Hey, stalker."

Draco had to squint due to the flashlight Kaimana shone in his eyes. "Blimey, Clover. Shine it elsewhere, will you?" He looked away, scoffing.

"Sorry." She shined it elsewhere and crossed to him. "Hi." She curled her free hand around the back of his neck to pull him closer to her, so she could give him a peck on the lips. "Your hair looks really sexy right now."

He hoped the heat in his cheeks wasn't obvious. "Where's Zaiyah?" he murmured into her parted mouth.

"Asleep in the dorm with Mel."

Before she pulled back, he quickly gripped her waist and tugged her closer, so he could keep kissing her.

He hummed smoothly and his legs threatened to give out on him at the way her lips tasted and the way she kissed him back aggressively, but still gently.

Her other arm was around his neck, holding the flashlight. Her thumb caressed his cheekbone as they kissed and it made Draco feel all tingly and swoony.

She was laughing though, as she kissed him. Her contagious little giggles slipped into his parted mouth as they kissed.

And it made his brows knit together—despite how endearing her laughs were. "Why are you laughing?" he murmured.

"I'm just..." She drew off, smiling wide against his lips, "I'm just overly elated, I suppose."

"Oh." He was smiling too now.

He went back to kiss her, hard and longingly. But he was going to deflate her happiness with what he had to tell her.

He had been waiting by the library's grand doors for her and it was past midnight. He hadn't been able to speak to her all day since he had been following Zander around, discreetly of course.

"I missed you," he mumbled against her bottom lip.

"Stop being cheesy." Her cheeks flushed red, which made him smile.

"Right, before I get carried away with kissing you." He cleared his throat and fought the urge to sit down with her straddling him, so they could make out all night. "I need to tell you something."

Her dark eyes went wide. "You killed someone too?" she whispered.

"Are you kidding me, Clover?" He stared at her, incredulous. "No. I did not kill anyone. And can you not jump to that right away when I say I have something to tell you?"

She shrugged as if to say okay then.

He still couldn't believe the topic of killing someone and hiding the body and anything under that category was a normal conversation topic for them.

Draco shook his head and brought his hand to stroke the side of her hair behind her ear, which was becoming a habit he picked up after they first kissed. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable by talking about this," he said quietly.

"What is it?" Kaimana's head tilted, her brows drawn together. She brought her hands down to rest on his hips, still holding the flashlight.

"Zander Riley."

"Oh. What about him?" He felt her arms slide around his middle, squeezing him closer.

He tried not to show how special he felt from how she tried to be as physically close to him as possible to feel safe. "I went to the library earlier today and I saw him in the potions and serum aisle," he began, keeping his gaze intensely locked with hers.

"Okay..."

"I was going to look through my research about the Draught of Displease potion since I skipped lunch," he went on, "And he was just there. Standing in the aisle, flipping through a book."