𝟔𝟔

Kaimana Valencia | July 1996

"Who wants more eggs?" Kaimana turned from the stove holding a pan full of freshly fried eggs.

"Over here." Elijah put his plate out.

"Me too." Jaxon raised his plate.

"Iyah!" Zaiyah threw her hands in the air.

Kaimana laughed and put the fried eggs on the plates of those who requested more. Everyone was at Kaimana's cottage house, scattered around the two tables she had to put together, so everyone could fit.

Breakfast was going a bit chaotic since it was a last minute decision to make fried eggs, calamansi, white rice, and longganisa—plus the fact that they all woke up past noon.

Even Stephen was feasting whilst Kaimana made breakfast—and that was mostly because she wanted to keep herself busy.

She continuously kept herself busy because if she wasn't busy with other people or a chore or something, she would think.

And when she would think, Draco would come to mind.

And when she thought about Draco, she thought about love.

But then she would remember their last conversation before summer holiday came.

And then she would remember how much it broke her heart and shattered her.

And not only did it shatter her, but it shattered Zaiyah.

Kaimana didn't tell anyone about what happened—not even her ladies. Zaiyah often babbled and cried about how much she missed Draco. She was so distraught.

"Iyah wan Bubbas!" Zaiyah had screamed one night when Kaimana tried getting her ready for bed.

"Who's Bubbas?" Flynn had asked when he tried helping out with Zaiyah.

"Imaginary friend." Kaimana had given him a wan smile.

It was hard with Zaiyah every now and then since she had gotten so attached to Draco throughout the short amount of time they spent together. Sometimes she wanted her dada, but her dada wasn't there.

Kaimana tried to explain to Zaiyah the situation—that Draco wasn't there and he was at his own house since it was summer since she didn't want her literal baby to know too deeply about things she shouldn't need to even know about—in private when it was just them two, but she still wanted her dada's cuddles and his kisses and his hugs and for him to read her stories.

Zaiyah was doing better now though. It was only for the first week of summer when she gave Kaimana a hard time, but she was doing better.

"Who wants more longganisa now?" Kaimana was holding another pan with sweet sausage sizzling freshly from the stove.

"Here." Flynn put his plate up.

"Me too." Kehlani did the same and so did Meleah.

"I'm getting more juice. Who wants some?" Elijah stood from his seat and went to the fridge.

"I do," Quinn called out at the same time as Cardin said, "I want some."

"Just bring the whole pitcher," Stephen insisted, feeding Zaiyah some eggs. "I'll drop by the shop today and pick up some more snacks for you lot. I need to get things for dinner anyway—I'm making kare kare."

"Thanks, Dad." Kaimana went to kiss his cheek gratefully before going back to the stove.

"Kare kare is so good," Flynn beamed, and Stephen chuckled.

"Lij, can you get me water?" Meleah said before shoving the yolk of her egg into her mouth.

"Me too please." Cardin put his hand up fleetingly.