𝟔𝟑

Kaimana Valencia | June 1996

"Kai, have you seen Ais anywhere?" Theodore looked out of breath from all the moving staircases. "She was supposed to meet me at the library an hour ago."

Kaimana shook her head. "Did you check her dorm? I think she was up all night studying for the exam for her little thing with Pomfrey." She smiled warmly.

"Thanks." He flashed her a grateful smile before leaving the Gryffindor common room.

She veered her gaze to the couch, where Zaiyah was still sleeping on a blanket and her bottle. Kaimana looked back down at her homework on the coffee table, seated on the floor.

She had to finish a few more assignments before summer holiday, and she wanted to get them done before the actual deadline, so she wouldn't have to worry about them later.

She didn't have her first class until ten, so she planned on getting at least one assignment done now before Zaiyah would wake up and would need to be fed.

"Hi." Kehlani walked through the entrance of the common room and sat on the opposite end of the couch where Zaiyah was sleeping. "Homework this early?"

"Assignments." Kaimana smiled at her friend in greeting. "I want to get as much done as I can."

Kehlani nodded in understanding. "Flynn's on his way too, so quick question before he gets here." She leaned in, elbows on her knees.

"What is it?" Kaimana's eyebrows drew together as she tapped the end of her quill on the table.

"You and Malfoy." Kehlani was smirking now as she tucked a baby curl behind her ear since her hair was bunched in a low bun. "Is it serious? Because I've noticed a glow you had... and this glow was the sex glow. So is it serious?"

"I think so." Kaimana's cheeks burned. "It's weird because... I would never expect Draco of all people to be the way he is with Zaiyah. I mean, I know he's her father, but I've never in my life thought I would see him as a father and actually act like a father. You know? He's really fucking good with her."

Kehlani's green eyes brightened. "That's amazing, Kai. I'm really happy for you," she said sincerely. "Now Ais, Mel, and I don't need to try and set you up with anyone. This one came naturally."

Kaimana rolled her eyes. "I told you guys I was going to give it a shot if it came naturally."

"Yeah, well, now I guess it's good it came naturally." Kehlani lifted her shoulders as she scratched the back of her head.

"For the summer holiday, you guys are coming to my house for a few weeks, right?" Kaimana asked, scribbling on her parchment. "I already confirmed with my dad, and he said it's more than okay."

"Well, I talked to my sister, and she said it was okay," Kehlani said as she leaned back in her seat to relax. "Flynn is coming, I remember he told me. Aisling can come, but she might be coming and leaving early since her mum's ALS."

"Yeah, I told her not to worry about it if she couldn't come." Kaimana nodded as she flipped a page in the textbook. "Her mum's health comes first."

"Morning." Quinn approached them, fixing his tie. "Angel, homework? Really?"

Kaimana shrugged with a chuckle.

"Hey." Flynn came from the entrance of the common room. "I went to go talk to Dumbledore about that party we asked him about, and he said no." He huffed and sat in the armchair. "Fucking old hag doesn't know what fun is. He really thinks ballroom dancing is fun for horny students like us."

"He said no?" Jaxon appeared behind the couch in his uniform, where Kehlani was sitting. He dipped down to kiss her head. "That's shit."

Kehlani and Jaxon have been a little closer than ever. Kaimana got the feeling that instead of being just cuddly and close with each other, they developed feelings. She didn't mind it though because the two of them fit perfectly together.