𝟗𝟎

Kaimana Valencia | May 1997

"You guys running around the world was utterly pointless," Kaimana pointed out blandly.

Harry's jaw visibly clenched in impatience. "Now is not exactly the time for an I told you so," he drawled, "So get on with it. Tell us what you found."

"Tell me what you found first." She bounced her knee, leaning her weight against the arm of the armchair.

She was with the Golden Trio in their empty common room. The Golden Trio came back the night before and everyone praised them for being so brave for going out to find clues.

Kaimana just sat back and observed.

Until now, where she was sitting with them, ready to break the ice about Voldemort. She was sitting in the armchair, and the Golden Trio was scattered around her. Hermione was on the armchair opposite of her, and Ron and Harry on the couch.

"We haven't found much," Hermione began slowly in an even tone, "But we found something."

"I'm listening," Kaimana insisted.

"On the paper, there's been word about a snake called Nagini," Harry reported seriously. Nagini wasn't much of a secret considering she was on the paper with Voldemort himself. "And we found information about Nagini when we travelled around the world."

"Nagini is a snake, clearly." Hermione took over and locked her hands on her lap. "But she was a human before. She had the ability to turn into a snake when she performed at a circus, but she got stuck in her snake form. When she got stuck in her snake form, this made her immortal."

Kaimana's mouth went dry.

So Nagini was immortal. And that just confirmed that Voldemort's life was bound to hers.

"Now, tell us what you know," Ron demanded as his expression soured. He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees. He didn't seem to be in a good mood.

Kaimana held up her end of the bargain and told them what she knew—about how to kill Voldemort—but she made sure not to slip names of how she found this out. It was their choice to take her word for it.

"So you reckon he's linked to Nagini?" Harry mused, brows wrinkled in confusion.

"It's possible," Kaimana stated, allowing the possibility to float between them. "She's immortal. Voldemort is now immortal. It's possible his life is bound to hers. Do you see how praised she is by Voldemort in the photo on the Daily Prophet?" She said the last line more so because she couldn't tell them that Draco told her about Nagini.

"And the only way to kill Voldemort would be to kill the snake." The corner of Hermione's eyes drooped grimly at the finished puzzle.

Kaimana blew out a breath of air. "The next question would be—"

"How do we kill Nagini," Harry finished off.

"Surely because she's immortal, there's a specific way to kill her," Kaimana elaborated, and pushed a lock of hair that dangled over her face behind her ear. "I highly doubt she'll be easy to kill."

"How do we even know that you're telling us the truth, Kai?" Ron spat, evidently not fond of Kaimana at the moment.

"You can sod off, Ron," Kaimana snapped back angrily as she rose from her seat. "Believe me if you want—I don't give a flying fuck. But don't take your bloody anger out on me." She waited for no answer and left the common room.

She strode to the Great Hall, where she found Quinn and Meleah sitting there for lunch. "What's wrong, Kai?" Meleah asked as Kaimana sat down next to her.