𝟔𝟎

Draco Malfoy | June 1996

Draco's jaw clenched. "You seduced him? You seduced this sick fuck, Clover?"

"No." Kaimana's face screwed up in unmistakable disgust. "I just toyed with him."

"Why did—" He rubbed a frustrated hand over his face. "Why didn't you wait for me?"

He was mad at the fact that she was being careless and impulsive about this. He was mad that she did something that could have put her in danger, like going into a room alone with the monster.

He knew that she could defend herself and take care of herself, but he still wanted to be there with and for her.

"Because I'm spontaneous."

"No. You're psychotic."

"Fuck you, Draco." She flipped him off before crossing her arms and staring at Zander, who was still unconscious.

"Well, what the fuck now, Clover?" Draco exhaled exasperatedly, his hands on the back of his head. "Is he dead? Did you already fucking kill him?"

"He's alive, you piece of crap," Kaimana spat harshly, shooting him daggers with her deadly dark eyes. "We just have to wait until he wakes up."

He laughed dryly, shaking his head as he leaned against the stonewall of the supply closet they were in. "Did you clean up after yourself? Or do I need to go and check to make sure you did it properly?" His tone was derision.

"I cleaned," she said curtly. "I'm not stupid."

"I never said you were."

Silence.

"Clover."

Silence.

He turned his head, feeling the stone scratch the back of his head. He studied her as he glided his tongue over the top row of his teeth.

He stayed quite for a second or six, admiring her stunning side profile. She was the most gorgeous girl he'd ever seen.

"Clover," he said again.

She was looking at Zander, arms folded and leaning against the same stone wall Draco was.

He felt his stomach spin in a way he didn't like when Kaimana was pissed off at him because he snapped at her. "Were you at least safe?" His tone softened.

No answer.

He sighed heavily. "I'm sorry I snapped at you."

But she laughed harshly and it made him internally wince. "No you're not," she muttered.

"You're so bloody stubborn, Clover," he drawled, his eyes still locked on her, but she didn't look at him. "I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. It just pisses me the fuck off when you do impulsive shit like this. You could have been hurt."

"But I wasn't!" she snapped back coldly, finally meeting his eyes. Her eyes were dark and full of frustration. "I wasn't hurt, Draco. I'm fine. Now just focus on the fucking plan." She turned away from him, her jaw clenched.

He suppressed his eye roll at her stubbornness. "Keep your bloody attitude. Like I told you before, I can handle it like I can handle your psychotic tendencies."

She didn't respond.

They both waited in silence. It wasn't awkward, but heavy.

Eventually, a weak groan escaped Zander's lips. Kaimana was the first to step up.

She approached him and slapped his face to make him wake up quicker. "Hello? Time to get up, sick prick," she said loudly, and Draco thanked himself that he silenced the Room of Requirement and the supply closet.