so close still so far

Hastinapur palace

None of the Pandavas , Kunti , Draupadi or Bhishma had slept even for a moment the previous night and with the first day of sun , their eyes were on the palace gates waiting for karna and Vrushali's arrival.
Soon the time of the start of proceedings of court came and the princes had to go to the royal court though Nakul and Sahadev remained behind to wait for their Jyestha's arrival. Bhishma allowed them to.

After a while Vasu and Vrushali entered together ( see the above pic but vasu's face covered).

Sahadeva and Nakul saw them from afar and they way they entered if felt to them like , ram and Sita were returning home after vanvas , Vasu was carrying something tied with a cloth with him and he immediately went inside the court ,sahadeva and Nakul followed behind.

While Vrushali went to Kunti's chamber but Kunti and Draupadi were not in their chambers as they were attending the course today.
So ,she also went to the court and stood behind Kunti , sitting in the balcony.

Kunti saw her and it felt like she wanted to say something but kept silent.

They all were focused on Vasu now and Vrushali thought that she saw unshed tears in Kunti's eyes.

As soon as Vasu entered the court everyone went silent and looked at him.
Especially, yudhisthira, Bheem ,Arjun and Bhishma.

Bhisma was looking at him trying to find any clue about his true parentage.
Yudhisthira looked at his feet and remembered the day when he felt something familiar about them and now he knew that those were the exact same feet as their mother. He bowed his head respectfully but tried to be subtile about it.

Arjun stood up and tried to go towards Vasu while Bheem gripped his hand and made him sit back.
He was also feeling overwhelmed with emotions.
Duryodhana was looking at his brothers and found their behaviour odd. Like he was missing something important here.

"Pranipat maharaj, I am here to return this bow and arrow and also apologise for using them without permission." Said Vasu.

For the first time in his life Drithrastra followed his heart and used his mind, he said.
"You do not need to apologise for anything ,Vasusen as you have not only saved my life that day but of many others ,you have saved Hastinapur from a dangerous attack. I will bestow upon you any thing you want ,tell me what do you want?" Said Drithrastra.

"Thank you for your praise , respected king but I want nothing as I have completed my duty only." Replied Vasu.

"But....I ...insist ..." Said Drithrastra but was cut off by Bhishma.

"He need not to ask for anything." Said Bhisma ,all of this belongs to him anyway , thought Bhisma.

"Tell me, Putra where did you learned archery?" He asked.

"Vasu knew this situation would arrive, so he decided to give a simple and close to the truth answer,half truth anyways.
Some of it, I learned by watching you train soldiers and practicing by myself  and some ,While working at maharishi ved vyas's ashram for many years, during my childhood." He replied.