20

The seconds passed quickly, and silence spread between the four present. Y/N just watched each of the boys carefully, paying closer attention to Wooyoung's features as time passed.

The boy was staring at Yunho with a frown. His pupils did not move from Jeong's, challenging him; they needed to leave.

"Yunho, I think-"

"Let's go." Wooyoung interrupted MG with all annoyance, looking at his watch. "The time is up. Three minutes."

Then, without waiting another second, he opened the car door and gave his partners an intense look. Mingi and Yunho kept their eyes on him. YH knew that he had instructions to wait for HM, however, the seriousness expressed by Wooyoung's pupils reminded him with the force of a blow, that what they were doing was not a game.

"We've wasted three minutes waiting for the rookie," he spoke again, looking at his friend roughly. "Three minutes that you'll have to catch up on the way, Jeong. Are you sure you want to spend more time here?"

At that moment, all eyes turned to Yunho, who had made his face serious and returned Wooyoung's defiant look.

"Let's go." He decided then, walking to the driver's door and entering the car.

Mingi and Wooyoung shared a look briefly, until Wooyoung nodded his head for him to take the seat next to the driver. It was not even objected to; there was no time or reason for it.

The boy opened the car door and looked at Y/N, who connected her eyes with his and entered the vehicle. Wooyoung waited until she was inside and took a seat next to her. Immediately, Yunho started the engine and began moving.

The girl, keeping a deep silence, kept her eyes moving, scanning the path through the window, the expressions on Yunho's and Mingi's faces, and noting the seriousness of the boy next to her.

She bit her lip nervously and turned back to the window, trying to clear her mind of any thoughts. Basically, that environment was not hers. While she was not afraid of the guys sitting across from her, she knew none of them were the kind of people she would ever like to mess with.

Gradually the streets became unknown to her and, as soon as the vehicle entered the highway, Yunho pressed the accelerator without thinking twice. He had to make up the lost minutes.

Y/N noted his unfriendly expression through the rearview mirror and swallowed heavily. Her muscles tensed as she recognized her ignorance as to what could happen and, above all, as she recalled her unwanted encounter with those men who came looking for Wooyoung. She knew there was a very good chance Chase was like them.

«Chase doesn't like delays», Jung's words came back to her mind, causing her breath to thicken a little; for Wooyoung to be the one to warn the others about it, and for the vehicle to go at such speed, Chase must be someone important. Not even close to being a joke.

Then, the girl gave a little jump when she felt a warmth on her thigh. Her eyes quickly dropped to her leg, instinctively, and she found Wooyoung's hand there. Unable to help it, she looked up to his face. When she did, she noticed that the boy already had his eyes on her, prompting immediate eye contact.

Y/N fell silent, concentrating solely on Jung's eyes, and she licked her lips. Wooyoung looked down at her lips for a few moments and then returned to her eyes. He knew her mind was elsewhere, possibly trying to answer her own questions to no avail, but she was trying hard to keep her face as serious as theirs were. That made him smirk slightly.

Y/N's eyes focused on his smile, and averted her gaze to the window once more. She could not let one of the most serious and professional in the business let his guard down because of her.