33

As soon as the first block of classes ended, Samuel hurriedly left the classroom to go find his friends. Not sharing his morning period, a big smile appeared on his face when he saw Y/N, and he rushed to walk beside her.

"Hey," his voice reached the girl's ears, causing her attention to travel to him and the rhythm of their walking to complement each other, "How's everything?"

Y/N turned and kept her eyes on him for a few seconds. She knew that her best friend had not overlooked her absence the day before, but she hadn't found a way to explain the reason for it without mentioning Wooyoung's name.

"Hi, Sam," she smiled. "All good. What about you? Did you enjoy algebra?"

Upon hearing that word, a shiver ran through the boy's body and a grimace took place on his face.

"Yes of course. Of course, I loved it." He snapped wryly. "It was great, I love knowing that I will have three more hours of it in... half an hour."

Y/N let out a laugh at the way her friend celebrated with suffering, and shook her head before turning her eyes to the front. Their bodies walked out of habit toward the cafeteria, almost as if that was all they could do during the break.

"Did something happen?" The question she had expected from the beginning appeared. "We didn't see you yesterday."

Y/N just smiled as if it had been an accident:

"I fell asleep," she shrugged. "I woke up too late to come to class."

Sam kept his gaze on her and narrowed his eyes slightly. Y/N knew what he was doing; he analyzed her like every time he felt there was something else between the lines. Because of that, a rush of relief ran through her entire body as soon as she saw him smile.

"I understand," he agreed, pausing. "And then what did you do?"

Immediately, the memories of the previous day returned to her mind, and she quickly disassembled and twisted her lips in a thoughtful expression. But, before she could answer, her eyes were caught by the presence of Jung Wooyoung walking in the opposite direction, getting closer and closer with every step. Then a smile spread across her face; there was no way those memories would leave her now.

Indeed, at that precise moment, her mind gave her in great detail every moment lived with the boy the day before, going from the smallest details to their most provocative games. The two then made eye contact and Wooyoung winked at her before each continued on their way.

Having gotten no response, Samuel noticed the look his friend had given Jung Wooyoung and it did not take long for him to connect the pieces. That had just answered his own question.

However, Y/N continued in silence as the moments with Wooyoung passed like an endless movie in her mind. It was only a matter of time before that news hit her again. Wooyoung still didn't know.

"Sam..." she murmured.

"Hm?"

"I have something to tell you."

Instead of finding the expression he expected on his best friend's face, Sam saw the anxious look she wore. He didn't need more to know that there was something important she was holding back and, one way or another, it was tormenting her.

"What is it?"

"No," she said, "not here."

Due to the limited time they had to talk thanks to their uncoordinated breaks between classes that day, Y/N and Sam decided to meet in the usual coffee house as soon as the day was over for both of them. That way they could talk without worries and, by the way, the place would give the situation a little more privacy.