35

After having lunch together, Y/N and Wooyoung spent the rest of the day serenely inside the house, enjoying each other's company as only they knew; they didn't even remember that they were both students and their chores were still pending. That was how, at nightfall, they both settled into the big bed in the room and got ready to watch a movie. However, just by laying on the bed and resting her head on Wooyoung's shoulder, the girl fell asleep.

And it wasn't until a couple of hours later that the cold woke her up. On instinct, Y/N rubbed her arms with her hands and opened her eyes. She had fallen asleep on the bed and the room temperature had dropped considerably. And also that Jung Wooyoung was no longer by her side.

Being aware of that detail, she sat up quickly, puzzled. Still trying to focus, her eyes swept the room, noticing a bag at the foot of the bed, open and with clothes inside.

Y/N frowned and licked her lips, trying to remember if it had been there before, or was new. However, it was only a few seconds before Wooyoung returned to the room with a shirt in his hands and put it in the bag.

"You're leaving?" It was the first thing that came out of her lips, instinctively, watching the boy who had all his attention focused on what he was doing.

Jung just nodded, ending by reviewing the inside of the bag one last time. The girl felt her world shake as soon as she woke up.

"W-Where are you going?"

But Wooyoung didn't reply. Instead, he closed the backpack and nodded once more. Then he looked up and made eye contact with her. Y/N had had her attentive pupils on him from the moment she saw him enter the place and, finally, it was reciprocated.

Wooyoung smiled.

"Up, love."

"Up?"

Wooyoung let out a small laugh because of the tenderness that Y/N's misunderstanding caused him:

"You're coming with me."

And, without giving her time to ask any questions, he left the room. Y/N, refusing to waste a second, got up and followed the boy downstairs. It was at that moment that she saw how he waited for her to get out, and then secured the entrance, walking to the car in a second.

When she entered the vehicle, she fastened her seat belt and waited for Wooyoung to start the engine and start driving. Once they were in motion, she tried to clear her mind by taking in what had just happened; no doubt it had been too sudden to understand.

Then, after contemplating for a few seconds the darkness of the early morning and the lights of the lanterns illuminating the street, she spoke:

"Where are we going?"

One of Wooyoung's corners turned up as his gaze remained fixed on the road; as if he had been waiting all this time for her to ask that question again.

"To the beach."

"To the beach?" Y/N turned to him, trying to decipher any clue in his expressions that would show her that he was playing with her, but she didn't find it. "...Work?" It was the first thing that made sense in her mind.

"No, just for the day."

The girl was silent, slightly open-mouthed as she watched him. What was all that?

Noticing her gaze, Wooyoung smiled sideways again and looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

"What? Are you afraid of the sea?"

Then, Y/N could not help but smile equally at his provocation. She rolled her eyes and shook her head, turning to the window and just looking at the landscape. Indeed, as the hours passed and the sky began to lighten slowly because of the dawn, she confirmed more and more that Jung was not playing with her; they were too many miles from the city for it to be a lie.

It wasn't until the clock on her wrist read ten in the morning that the boy pulled over to the side of the road at a gas station. Despite the long journey, he hardly seemed tired. The girl turned to him with a raised eyebrow and tilted her head to one side.

"I'll go get a coffee," he murmured, turning off the engine and looking at her. "Are you hungry?"

Y/N shook her head and watched as Wooyoung got out of the car in the direction of the 24 hour store. Already with the window down, she could begin to feel that characteristic aroma of the sea. They were definitely close.

Then, she felt a small vibration on her cell phone.

Sam
hey
Is it skip-school week? Where are you, Y/N? I have something to tell you!

Reading the words of her friend, she unlocked the device and spent a few seconds looking at the screen. What was she supposed to tell him? What exactly was she able to say?

"Sam!

I... uh... I'll explain it to you tomorrow!What do you want to tell me?"

However, after hitting the send button, Y/N was forced to stay in the chat, waiting to get an internet connection strong enough to send her messages.

After a few minutes her words were sent, just in time to see Wooyoung come back with a coffee in hand and a paper bag hanging on his wrist.

"I thought you were going for a coffee," she commented as he settled in and set the bag aside.

"I did," he murmured as if it was obvious. "I just bought a little bit of everything in case you start to get hungry."

Y/N kept silent without taking her eyes off the boy and sighed; she knew there was no point in telling him that he shouldn't overbuy at that point.

"Thank you," she said with a smile. She then settled herself in the seat and leaned her elbow on the door, resting her cheek on her knuckles. At that moment, she noticed how the boy took out his cell phone, and added: "There is no good connection here."

Wooyoung's smile widened and he looked at her.

"I know," he said as he pressed the button on his cell phone until it was off. "Shall we continue?"